free website stats program Put some new pipes on the bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Put some new pipes on the bike

fpd4308

Well the fishtails I had gave my bike a cool old school look but I just couldn't get used to the tinny rappy sound and the excessive decompression pop so I put these guys on. Much deeper sound and more rumble.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301251313.681891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301251313.681891.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I like to know that too. I've heard about doing something like that to give backpressure (i.e. get some low end torque back) but could not really understand how or what they were using.

OK.. How does that work and how do you install them?

Yea I like to know that too. I've heard about doing something like that to give backpressure (i.e. get some low end torque back) but could not really understand how or what they were using.

Easy install, drill a hole install the screw eye and double nut it, The exhaust is split or diverted just a bit creating some back pressure or resistance if you will, and changes the exhaust note so it is not so tinny. I have done this on all my Baggers

Do you have the eye bolt turned so the hole is in line with the muffler?

That is the way I do them but try it side ways if you want, or you could run 2 per pipe if you like. I have seen home made ones that were made by welding a washer on a threaded rod:s

Back