free website stats program pulling motor | Harley Davidson Forums

pulling motor

hargun2

just a quick question on a engine removal, any suggestions on the easiest way to pull my motor out of my 2006 Classic? I'm hoping someone out there has performed this operation and I would appreciate any advice or suggestions...thanks

well i do know there is something i always forget to unhook so double check.. i do pull it out the rt side course i may be doing it the hard way...

did you have any issues with the clutch cable being in the way? The removal procedures don't mention removing it..

SUPPORT the front of the tranny and the back of the engine BEFORE loosening the four bolts connecting the two. Disconnect the neg. cable from battery. Take the tank OFF. Turnbuckle. Throttle cables. Pipes. Drain the engine oil. Mark and disconnect the sensor wires.

TQ

Take some good pictures before removal, you will have a good referance point:s

There is a small notch between the block and trans cases behind the primary. It's for a pry bar to Gently separate the cases. Like TQ said support trans.

Take some good pictures before removal, you will have a good referance point:s

That is a good idea. I would also get some zip lock bagges and but your bolts in them and label where they went. Once you get a pile of bolts its hard to remember where they all went...:small3d012:

That is a good idea. I would also get some zip lock bagges and but your bolts in them and label where they went. Once you get a pile of bolts its hard to remember where they all went...:small3d012:

Another winning idea good job Gezzer Glide:D

Back