free website stats program Pulled the trigger | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulled the trigger

krtracr

I did it!

On Sunday we traded our 1999 Electra Glide Classic in for a 2013 Electra Glide Classic.

We got what I considered was a good deal and are happy with the results.

We test drove a 2009 EGC, a 2012 EGC and the 2013.

All of them had an amazing ride, I've loved my 99 for a long time, but as soon as I test drove the 2009 I knew I was hooked.

The balance and handling of the improved chassis was amazing, I made two right hand turns out of the parking lot and onto the access road and could not believe the difference. Even at 25 or 30 MPH. The further I drove the more I was impressed. The cornering is so smooth.

Took a little getting used to the difference between the carb and the electronic fuel injection, the different shift points of the 5 & 6 speed tranny, and the power difference between the 88 and 103, but by the end of our 150 mile cruise on Monday it was like I had been riding it for ever.

I was actually sad on Sunday evening sitting home watching all the recorded races from earlier in the day, we really loved that 99, for a while I kept thinking I made a mistake. All that disapeared by about mile 10 on Monday morning.

Unfortunately when I walked outside Tuesday morning to ride the 2013 to work it was raining and hasn't stopped since, gotta luv that South Florida weather.

The weather is supposed to clear by the weekend, then it is off for a ride to Key West and back, that will get us about 2/3 of the way to the 1000 mile check.

Haven't got any pics yet, I will take some this weekend and post them, I did have the forethought of taking pics of the 99 on Saturday after giving it a bath and shine, she was definately in all her glory and looked great. I will post pics of both.

I did it!

On Sunday we traded our 1999 Electra Glide Classic in for a 2013 Electra Glide Classic.

We got what I considered was a good deal and are happy with the results.

We test drove a 2009 EGC, a 2012 EGC and the 2013.

All of them had an amazing ride, I've loved my 99 for a long time, but as soon as I test drove the 2009 I knew I was hooked.

The balance and handling of the improved chassis was amazing, I made two right hand turns out of the parking lot and onto the access road and could not believe the difference. Even at 25 or 30 MPH. The further I drove the more I was impressed. The cornering is so smooth.

Took a little getting used to the difference between the carb and the electronic fuel injection, the different shift points of the 5 & 6 speed tranny, and the power difference between the 88 and 103, but by the end of our 150 mile cruise on Monday it was like I had been riding it for ever.

I was actually sad on Sunday evening sitting home watching all the recorded races from earlier in the day, we really loved that 99, for a while I kept thinking I made a mistake. All that disapeared by about mile 10 on Monday morning.

Unfortunately when I walked outside Tuesday morning to ride the 2013 to work it was raining and hasn't stopped since, gotta luv that South Florida weather.

The weather is supposed to clear by the weekend, then it is off for a ride to Key West and back, that will get us about 2/3 of the way to the 1000 mile check.

Haven't got any pics yet, I will take some this weekend and post them, I did have the forethought of taking pics of the 99 on Saturday after giving it a bath and shine, she was definately in all her glory and looked great. I will post pics of both.

congratulations on the new ride...hope your weather get better so you can enjoy...

Congrats on the new sled! Something sad about letting go of the one that was with you for so long........

Congrats on the new ride, rain is a small price we pay for living here in Florida:s

How are you doing with the throttle by wire? I had a 2002 carb EG Classic and now I have a 2012 Street Glide. Suspension much better on the 2012, but takes getting used to electric throttle com paired to old fashioned cable and carb...

jbird,

Yea it does take a little time to get used to, the responce is instantaneous, gotta be careful grabbing a hand full of throttle, plus the 103 compared to the 88 is a big difference.

Changed the pipes to Rinehart's and will get it dyno tuned after break in.

Back