free website stats program Progressive front springs vs Progressive Cartridge System? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive front springs vs Progressive Cartridge System?

By drop the front end do you mean installing a lowered monotube system? They do make them as well as lowered rear shocks.

Exaactly, Lower the front end one inch . Plan on having the rear shocks cut one inch also. Thanks fo rany help.

Even if you're not an aggressive rider, lowering the bike can cause a lot of things to scrape and drag. I'm not sure about cutting 1" off the rear shocks. How are you planning to do that?

Reading this Thread for the first time....

HD sure makes it hard to re-lube the forks on my 09 FLHR to a point that I might do the internal gas filled like you guy have..

I do like the fact that you don't have to change out the OIL again. 52,000 on my bike now and needs changing,,,No Leaks.

Without me looking, do the goodies come out of the stock front and you Just Drop in the canisters to fit OR what am I missing here.. Lazy and don't want to look up all the information this morning...

I will check out MM (mom and pop) to Buy from them, I do like doing Business with them.:D

Any information on my 09 King would be appreciated.

Being Lazy,,,,, you know me.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie I can't think that your 09 is much different than my 05. Disassemble forks, run a rag down to dry it out and drop in the monotube add 5oz for keeping the tube lubed and reassemble.

Reading this Thread for the first time....

HD sure makes it hard to re-lube the forks on my 09 FLHR to a point that I might do the internal gas filled like you guy have..

I do like the fact that you don't have to change out the OIL again. 52,000 on my bike now and needs changing,,,No Leaks.

Without me looking, do the goodies come out of the stock front and you Just Drop in the canisters to fit OR what am I missing here.. Lazy and don't want to look up all the information this morning...

I will check out MM (mom and pop) to Buy from them, I do like doing Business with them.:D

Any information on my 09 King would be appreciated.

Being Lazy,,,,, you know me.

signed....BUBBIE

Remove all HD parts install Progressive stuff. New fork leg screws with crush washers. Add oil, done. The instructions that come with the progressive parts is good. It does not supplant the HD Service manual for removal and installation of forks. I can tell you the most important tool for the project is the LONG metric Allen socket for the fork leg screw. On installation, an impact wrench that works with the aforementioned Allen socket makes things much easier.

I did the progressive front lowering springs with a 1" drop. These alone were an improvement over stock. Firmer ride and less nose dive under braking. Now I did have one issue, head shake or death wobble as some come it. Right now I am running lowering blocks in the rear (1") which brought it back to the stock stance just lower, and my wobble is gone. I am thinking of going with air shocks and comp this winter. I only hit when pulling out of some drive ways and under a hard lean. Mostly it is my tips, (boom cans) that rub the ground. I have to add that being verticlly challenged, 5'8", the bike feels so much better now.

I did the progressive front lowering springs with a 1" drop. These alone were an improvement over stock. Firmer ride and less nose dive under braking. Now I did have one issue, head shake or death wobble as some come it. Right now I am running lowering blocks in the rear (1") which brought it back to the stock stance just lower, and my wobble is gone. I am thinking of going with air shocks and comp this winter. I only hit when pulling out of some drive ways and under a hard lean. Mostly it is my tips, (boom cans) that rub the ground. I have to add that being verticlly challenged, 5'8", the bike feels so much better now.

This is a great example for all. If you need to lower it, you should do it on both ends equally. One or the other just throws off the geometry and can cause real bad problems.

Back