free website stats program Progressive "Drop In" Front Lowering Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive "Drop In" Front Lowering Kit

franka

Getting ready to install 14" Apes on my 07 Road King Classic and while I have it apart I'm considering installing the Progressive Drop In Front Wheel Lowering Kit which drops the front up to 2".
Does anyone have experience with this spring only kit? If so, comments/suggestions greatly appreciated. Also I will be lowering the rear end with aftermarket rear adjustable lowering kit, pics of both attached.

Attachments

• 1llproductsanimat_11d-over.jpg
    1llproductsanimat_11d-over.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Getting ready to install 14" Apes on my 07 Road King Classic and while I have it apart I'm considering installing the Progressive Drop In Front Wheel Lowering Kit which drops the front up to 2".
Does anyone have experience with this spring only kit? If so, comments/suggestions greatly appreciated. Also I will be lowering the rear end with aftermarket rear adjustable lowering kit, pics of both attached.

You may want to play with the amount of air space in the front shocks once you replace the springs until you get the ride you want. The more air gap, the "softer" the ride, but may also permit too much travel. Have to play with it. Just make sure you keep the left and right the same within 1/8".

I tried the Burly lowering kit on the rear of my UC, and did not like it. The stock shock/springs were too soft and allowed the back end to bottom out too often. Have to see how yours does.

TQ

Your suspension changes are quite drastic and will really change ride quality of bike. As TQuentin1 has said, also consider the shock lowering kit compromises rear shock operation.

TQ, When you say 'air-gap' you mean the oil level correct? Tks

Right, but hard to measure the fluid in the shocks. So measuring the air gap ABOVE the fluid is what I was referring to. Incremental changes of no more than a 1/4" at a time between riding sessions to evaluate the change in the front end "feel" is best.

If it becomes too stiff, increase the air gap by siphoning off some fluid from both sides, too mushy, add to both sides.

TQ

The rear kit puts the shocks at a pretty severe angle , They will not work good like this, I lowered a 92 and a 97 bagger like that rode like a pogo stick and destroyed the rear air shock boots

Back