free website stats program Progressive 940's - Can't Wait! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive 940's - Can't Wait!

Installed the shocks today and I'd have to say allotting 1-hour for the job is being generous. The steps are literally:

1. Remove bags.
2. Pump shocks to 15-20psi (bleed oil fm line(s).
3. Remove air line(s).
4. Remove lower shock bolt.
5. Remove upper shock bolt.
6. Press proper insert into shock mounts.
7. Install new shock w/lower bolt (blue locktite) - torque to 35-40 ft/lb.
8. Install upper bolt (blue locktite) - torque to 35-40 ft/lb.
9. Install bags.

Just have your bike lifted and the floor jack makes things real easy for aligning the upper mount bolts. Also use jack to hold rear swing so the shock bolts don't damage mufflers. Now it's time for a test run - can't wait!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5906.jpg
    IMG_5906.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5909.JPG
    IMG_5909.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5911.JPG
    IMG_5911.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 32
Don't you have to set the preload with these? Preload handles when the tire is stretching into the bump/hole. I believe they set mine at 3 turns down, which was close I eventually settled at 2½ tuns. I didn't see a 940 on the website ...I did see a 944 that looks like your pictures.

Don't you have to set the preload with these? Preload handles when the tire is stretching into the bump/hole. I believe they set mine at 3 turns down, which was close I eventually settled at 2½ tuns. I didn't see a 940 on the website ...I did see a 944 that looks like your pictures.

I believe the 944's replaced the 940's. I am looking forward to the ride report.

Webtron; yes & thanks for mentioning. I remembered from previous Progressive shocks and set mine at 3-turns. Washed the bike this AM and then had to do yard work. Now it's 93 & 70% humidity outside so my test spin won't happen until I head to work in the AM. :(

At least she's clean, purdy and ready to go...had to get the prehistoric bug guts off from last week's ride to Villisca IA to see the creepy Axe Murder house. Iowa has huge bugs!!!

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 20
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 21
Back