free website stats program programming 07 night train | Harley Davidson Forums

programming 07 night train

robertnighttrain

Question for anyone that can help me.
I am very confused on what I need to do on programming my bike. I can not get a straight answer from my local hd.
I have an 07 nighttrain that I am adding the screamin eagle heavy breather and the Vance & Hines shortshots staggered exhaust.
I need to add a programmer, do I do a screamin eagle pro tuner, a Dynojet power commander III, or Dobeck performance TFI?
I know that I will have to Dyno my bike too, but I am confused about which programmer to use and which one is the best way to go.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No one can simply answer this for you. You need to do lots of reading and decide what your goals really are. Each product has its pros and cons. Some are pricey but give you almost unlimited capability to make adjustments. Others are relatively simple and inexpensive.

BTW - you do not NEED to do a dyno run just because you do a Stage I on your bike. Just a way to make the dealers richer for the vast majority of us average riders, IMHO!

Many of here use Dobeck for the fueler.
Easy Do it your self install (simple)

Dobeck Performance and here as "DobeckTechSupport".

I sent you a PM which is a private message..:bigsmiley23:

Welcome to HDT.

signed....BUBBIE

I have an 09 night train with almost the same set up , I went with the doebeck and am very happy . You don't need a dyno , before I went with the doebeck they did a remap but it still ran lean . You'll lose a little mileage with the tuner but not that bad , for me a combined city and highway which is 24 miles a day i'm getting 40 mpg. , not at first it wasn't that high due to the fact of twisting the throttle too much .

From everything I have heard and the research I have been doing it sounds to me like the best way to go is the dealer stage 1 remap followed by the Dobeck. There are a lot of people I am sure would recomend just the Dobeck with out the dealer re-map, and it certainly appears to work quite well on its own, but I have heard others say (here and on other forums) if you get the dealer re-map first then the Dobeck unit works that much better. I believe the reason for this is that the dealer re-map basicly puts yu right back where you were BEFORE you made the changes to intake and exhaust and then by adding the Dobeck unit you are able to correct the factory lean condition to a much greater extent than by simply adding the Dobeck fueler and asking it to do everything. At least that is the way I understand it.

Thank you guys for the replies. Looks like I will be going with the Dobeck.
I am still wondering about the stage 1 mapping; on if I really need to do this or not.

I am very pleased to have found this site. All of you have given this Missouri guy more help then any of the HD dealerships in my area. It is hard to get an honest answer, when all they want is your hard earn $$$$$! And I work way too hard to just give mine away!

Thanks again

Robert

Glad you found us and that your getting the info your looking for. Dobeck is a member on our forum and offers members here a discount. Welcome to the best on the web.

I have been using power commander. Simple and easy to use. Has maps for many different mod combinations. Just install it, upload your map from your computer and ride it.

Thank you guys for the replies. Looks like I will be going with the Dobeck.
I am still wondering about the stage 1 mapping; on if I really need to do this or not.

Your money. HD will take it. Why not get the Doebeck and see how you like it and then decide about that map.......

Back