free website stats program problem with fuelpak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

problem with fuelpak

I put a FuelPak on an 06 Bob and couldnt get the popping on decel to go away. I talked with the tech, who tried to be helpful but gave me their canned response to this problem (which I had already known about from previous searches). If I recall there were some tweaks to cell 19 and cell 23, though neither made any difference on my bike.

To sum it up, the FuelPak was ok for the money, but didnt give me acceptable running conditions. I ended up selling it on ebay for $150 and did a dyno/tuning job at the HD dealer ($800). However my bike runs great now and has much more power than before. The dyno tune was definitely worth it.

To sum it up, the FuelPak was ok for the money, but didnt give me acceptable running conditions. I ended up selling it on ebay for $150 and did a dyno/tuning job at the HD dealer ($800). However my bike runs great now and has much more power than before. The dyno tune was definitely worth it.

Dyno tuning with what tuner?:D

They have no right to keep anything that came with that kit, it's YOURS! Get it back from them so you have the option to do it if you want to. They do that so you have to go back to them for more $$$

If they tell you they don't have it, tell them to order one to replace the one they kept.

the dealer can and should give you the disk, with the tuner, the cable is available for purchase seperatly. however the actually map is proprietary..that is if it's acustom map ( from scratch ) . but be warned , the way dealers get you to come back is when YOU mess with settings . as YOU dont have the map that is actually in the computer. unless you have a dyno , your only going to be guessing......if the bike runs good, leave it alone, if you have problems, go back and complain. super/race tuners are worth the money, and sounds as if you went to somebody who knows what they are doing. the tuner has so much on it that you do need to be on top of what your doing .

I am trying to remap mine due to changing the slip ons, when I get to 19 I turn the throttle slowly and then when I go to 21 there is a zero but it does not move from zero when I advance the throttle. I have attempted this 4-5 times with no change.
When I have it on mode 19 there is a same line lit up on the setting side, is this normal or is that indicating a problem?
Thanks for any input on this.

I am trying to remap mine due to changing the slip ons, when I get to 19 I turn the throttle slowly and then when I go to 21 there is a zero but it does not move from zero when I advance the throttle. I have attempted this 4-5 times with no change.
When I have it on mode 19 there is a same line lit up on the setting side, is this normal or is that indicating a problem?
Thanks for any input on this.

what slips are you taking off and putting on???

I took off a set of Screaming Eagles and replaced them with Rush 1-3/4.
I sent an email to Vance & Hines with a pic of mode 19 to show them the light that is on...they replied back and said that everything is fine due to 2008- 2010 having electronic throttle that the fuelpak sets itself automatically in mode 19 and nothing will happen in 21 unless the engine is running.
So it is working correctly.
I can tell you what a difference in the performance of the bike with the Rush over Screaming Eagles.

Just call or email FuelPak with your exact parts that are installed on your bike and they will reply almost immediately with custom settings for your build.

I use them and they have great customer serivce and the fuelPak works awsome on my bike. Its a whole lot cheaper than a dyno tune and they will custom tune your bike as long as you tell them exactly what you have. They have already dynoed and experimented with a lot of different builds and have it all documented ready to give to you...

One of the things I just figured out work on my 07 Street Bob and don't know if this will help fellow FuelPak users but be wary of the numbers for calibration on the website. Go to the manuel. I initially installed the FuelPak utilizing the numbers on the website and my scoot ran like (edit) Went with the numbers that came in the manuel and she purrs like a tiger in heat now. I think that is a good thing:s

Example: Mode 1 on the website was 0. In the manuel FP-535 it was -3. Mode 5 website 10, manuel 0. Mode 9 website 5, manuel 0. Live and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back