free website stats program Primary Oil Smell? | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Oil Smell?

hd4evr

Banned
I just bought my 2007 SuperGlide with 2200 miles on it....it now has 2700. Anyway, I bought a new derby cover and when I was changing it I noticed a peculiar smell from the primary. It smelled like burnt brake pads or clutch plates? Is this normal? Should I just go ahead and change the primary oil? The clutch seems fine and there are no problems.......I'm just curious as to this smell.

I just bought my 2007 SuperGlide with 2200 miles on it....it now has 2700. Anyway, I bought a new derby cover and when I was changing it I noticed a peculiar smell from the primary. It smelled like burnt brake pads or clutch plates? Is this normal? Should I just go ahead and change the primary oil? The clutch seems fine and there are no problems.......I'm just curious as to this smell.

I would say the clutch or stator is having problems

That burnt odor, is it similiar to a regular 110v AC motor burning up, which by the way has a very distinctive smell.

Just curious, as I would like to be able to identify that smell.

That burnt odor, is it similiar to a regular 110v AC motor burning up, which by the way has a very distinctive smell.

Just curious, as I would like to be able to identify that smell.

that smell would be the same as a stator ... ozone we call it at work

It smells more like overheated brake pads on a car, or maybe the clutch plates. But the clutch seems fine.

Back