free website stats program Preventative maintenance. I'm OCD. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Preventative maintenance. I'm OCD.

My girlfriend makes fun of me for keeping my bike so clean. I rode 700 miles this weekend and cleaned and waxed it twice. She does not get it, but thats ok. I do have a primary leak thats driving me nuts, but it's August and I'm not gonna tear down anything until riding season is over. I keep a close eye on oil level and wipe down the rear tire. I just hope it's an easy fix.
I have a primary leak on my '03 Ultra that is driving me nuts too! Sounds like it could be expensive according to the dealer. I'm keeping an eye on the fluids all the time now.

Call me lazy but i'll go for two weeks before i give her another bath. I love the color black on a harley but it's a pain to keep looking nice. Black just shows every piece of dirt the road has to offer.

Black just shows every piece of dirt.

Boy, ain't that the truth.

The silver-metal flake tank on my 48 doesn't look like anything sticks to it. But after even a short ride, the rear black fender always looks like it has dandruff.

Speaking of maintenance, is anyone else going through a lot of black boot polish this year? I have never seen boots dry out like they do this year. This afternoon I happened to look at the back of my gloves while the engine was warming, and the once black finish now looks like one of those "distressed" leather jackets.

Back