free website stats program Pre-Amplified Speakers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Pre-Amplified Speakers?

mdmyse

Has anyone tried the pre-amplified speakers with just an mp3 player? I am interested to find out the sound quality before I purcahse. The speakers do not need a radio just your mp3 player and I am not sure of there true ouput power.

I just put Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome on my Heritage. Wired my mp3 cord thru the console and velcro'd my mp3 to the tank strip.

They're pretty decent up to about 60-65 and then they get kinda hard to hear. If it's really windy out to boot, then it's worse. If you're cruising thru town or a 50 mph twisty, they're awesome for what they are. Alot of it depends on the quality of the recording on your mp3. I have music both high and low quality. While it's easy to hide with earphones, coming thru the speakers with the engine/wind noise makes recording quality much more relevant.

But I just took my Heritage in today for it's 10,000 mile service. Mile loaner is an 09 Ultra - teal/cream.

No issues hearing that stereo at 80. :s

Oh, and I think the power output is 50 but I don't remember. There are some out there that are 100 amps, but in my view, get some decent speakers without busting your wallet. Because when you're doing 70 mph, I don't think many 3" preamp speakers are going to be anything more than just really tinny regardless of amperage. Either way, you're likely to spend about $350 to get them.

But I could be mistaken.

I've just installed a set of amped speakers and a 150 watt amplifier from uniq cycle sounds on my '09 Heritage.The speakers are chrome(of course) and actually match the stock passing lamps.Cost about 250.00 including shipping.It's not living room sound but I'm quite satisfied with the system.Listening to Springsteen's Jungleland after 37 years of just exhaust noise ringing in my ears,well...it just doesn't get any better than that!

I used MH Instruments audiosystem on Honda VTX 1300. It is the best variant from all i heard. But I used Retro Kit with the external amplifier. It is small and perfectly located in branch for tools.
On all systems with the built in amplifiers which I listened, quality of a sound and signal level was very low.

I have just ordered a set of amplified speakers from Uniqcycle. I'm not sure I want to try to install them or have them installed. Any suggestions?

I just bought a smal 500w amp that has an out put for Mp3 $32, it's about the size of a deck of cards. mounted it behind my faring. I did not buy a radio, just the amp and a Mp3 player. I paid $115 for the HD-speakers, the Amp and 32G Mp3 player.
.... And it sounds GREAT!! Way Loud!!

I bought mine from good deals 18.250 amps and speakers not the greatest quality but for $100 not bad i got serius radio on it and i can hear going 80mph down the road..also you can plug ipod or what ever u got on to it...no problems so far in over a year..

Back