free website stats program power x wing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

power x wing

ok, so no one has any knowledge of this product as i can tell. i did a little research on it and found two articles that said they found a 1 to 2 hp gain on the dyno. the unit is supposed to straighten out the air, not swirl it. i just thought maybe "glider" or "hobbit" who seems to be the guru's here might have some input. dont take this the wrong way, but i just expected more intellegent answers than trying me selling me something silly.
I wouldn't buy one. The throttle body "straightens" out the air. 1 or 2 horse power on a dyno means little. The X wing is pretty pricey and your not gonna notice any real difference. There's a lot of "snake oil" one the market, but if you do end up getting one please post back on how good or bad it is. I don't know anyone who has tried it, so how well it works is purely speculation.:s

to each there own .. how is putting a X into the air stream gonna straighten it ?

Most of us have done motor work if not on harleys on other things and have seen all the stuff places have tried to pull .. if i believe everything i put on my harley gave me the 5-10 HP it claims i would probley have 150 horsepower by now ..

But its your money .. there a saying that goes .. ya pays your money ya takes your chances..

if you decide to go with it good luck and post back good or bad

The slip ons and Big sucker and a fuel tuner will do a lot more for ya other than lighten your pocket 150$

ok, so no one has any knowledge of this product as i can tell. i did a little research on it and found two articles that said they found a 1 to 2 hp gain on the dyno. the unit is supposed to straighten out the air, not swirl it. i just thought maybe "glider" or "hobbit" who seems to be the guru's here might have some input. dont take this the wrong way, but i just expected more intellegent answers than trying to sell me something silly.

Just because folks didn't have specific knowledge of this particular product doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. You got intelligent answers, just not the ones you wanted to hear. You expected us to confirm that you'd found the magic way to get cheap HP gains - sorry didn't happen - no believers here.

As a caveat, I found some write ups on this product and started a thread about a year ago and quickly got a dose of reality from the smart folks on here looking out for all of us. Just have to open your mind and listen!

ok, so no one has any knowledge of this product as i can tell. i did a little research on it and found two articles that said they found a 1 to 2 hp gain on the dyno. the unit is supposed to straighten out the air, not swirl it. i just thought maybe "glider" or "hobbit" who seems to be the guru's here might have some input. dont take this the wrong way, but i just expected more intellegent answers than trying to sell me something silly.

No one tried to sell you anything "silly" what we all were trying to tell you is not to buy from the snake oil salesmen,if you read all of our posts you will gather the information you were looking for.Sorry if our responses were a bit lighthearted for you:s

I wouldn't buy one. The throttle body "straightens" out the air. 1 or 2 horse power on a dyno means little.

Obviously you didn't hear what you wanted to hear in this thread but if you read this quote above, it is as accurate as it will get in regards to the "X Wing". Air moving into the throttle body has little to benefit by the use of this product and as stated in the post quoted above about the 1-2 HP gain. If you apply that same theory to products advertised in a magazine like JC Whitney where every product in the book states "better gas mileage" and " better performance" and were fool enough to believe this, then purchase one of everything in the book and your vehicle would manufacture gas as you drove.
There's an old saying that a fool and his money are soon parted and this old fool doesn't believe in the scams that most people fall prey to after reading the write ups that the manufacturer claims without substantiating them for myself.
Understand that a dyno can be "manipulated" to show any result that you want it to show, depending on the operators intent. You could take the same bike on a dyno with back to back runs and come up with two different sets of numbers depending on what you were trying to show.

I say buy the X wing if you are so intent on it and don't listen to a thing we said here. After all, It's your cash that will pay for it and not mine.:D

glider, your response and hobbits, as well as some of the others were the type of response I hoped to get. I'm not looking for the magic pill by no means, but the responses of some of the others were "silly". i just wanted an honest, intelligent opinion. i didn't mean to sound as if i didn't hear what i wanted. i apologize to any and all members on the board that responded to my post. thanks for your opinions on this product and i will take your advice and buy some chrome.

Back