free website stats program Power Comander Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Comander Install

trickydoc

Got the PC installed and have downloaded several maps. None of the maps downloaded match the equipment on my scoot. My scoot is basic stock 88tc with a "Big Sucker", and SE slipons. After loading several maps, none seems to rid me of the decel pop. The one installed now is working pretty well but still the decel pop. Would it be ok to just up the fuel flow with this map. I can adjust the fuel with the unit on the scoot. Or would it be better to just keep installing maps until I find one the doesn't pop. Or will I just have to live with a little pop? Right now its not too bad, but I think it could be better just don't know which way to go.

What are the values you see in the 0 throttle position up to 3000rpm?
If they are 0 or a low number add 5 to all cells. I wouldn't keep changing maps if you've found one
that otherwise works well.
Try that first and let us know.

I've noticed that some free flowing pipes make the decel pop pop at under 2500 rpm's no matter what you do. Even after dyno tuning. Probably unburnt fuel. However If it's a loud backfire on decel, that's not normal. Maybe have someone dyno it and use a sniffer to see what your Air Fuel ratio actually is.

you could add autotune and be done with it. it'll continue to tweak the map even after you save the trims to the original map. i'm running a heavily modified motor and my autotuner continues to impress me. I just changed pipes and, after a few hundred miles, the bike is pulling like a train. can't beat the autotune system.....JMO

you could add autotune and be done with it. it'll continue to tweak the map even after you save the trims to the original map. i'm running a heavily modified motor and my autotuner continues to impress me. I just changed pipes and, after a few hundred miles, the bike is pulling like a train. can't beat the autotune system.....JMO

Is there an autotune setting on my Power Comander? How do I access it?

You have to purchase the autotune kit....comes with two wideband O2 sensors and two modules (about $300). The bike WILL tune itself, it's amazing.....really works great. Never have to dyno or worry about altitude changes, autotuner takes care of everything.

I recently had a PC installed on my bike and experienced the same loud popping on decel. I had my local dealer install the PC and had it tuned on their dyno. Unbelievable improvement. I still have that slight popping on decel but it seems much quieter. This sound seems normal and it is also running about 10 degrees cooler.

You have to purchase the autotune kit....comes with two wideband O2 sensors and two modules (about $300). The bike WILL tune itself, it's amazing.....really works great. Never have to dyno or worry about altitude changes, autotuner takes care of everything.

I don't have o2 sensors. 2001 ultra is not have those.

I think I will leave everything alone for a while. Put a few miles and then pul plugs and see what they look like. Most everyone said I would have a few pops with a hard decel. Most of my pops come in 2nd or 3rd gear under hard decel. 4th and 5th are pretty good.
thanks for all the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will leave everything alone for a while. Put a few miles and then pul plugs and see what they look like. Most everyone said I would have a few pops with a hard decel. Most of my pops come in 2nd or 3rd gear under hard decel. 4th and 5th are pretty good.
thanks for all the input.

Have you checked for exhaust leaks?
WAP.gif

Back