free website stats program power comander and air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

power comander and air cleaner

i have a 2006 flhxi just put on a set of slip ons and was wondering if the bike would run better with a different cleaner and power commander and if so what is good for being inexpensive.

I just put a Daytona Twin Tek Twin Tuner II on my 09 Rocker C. Big cost savings over the PC. I used a canned map, you can use one for a PC after you match your setup.

Although not as RPM/TP refined as the PC I do like the fact that I can keep the O2 sensors. I have a set of Vance & Hines with the Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather. Pipes didnt make the bike seem much different with out a tuner but once I put on the intake it was doggy when I opened it up.

Got the Twin Tuner II and data logger and USB interface. The matched PC map for my exhaust/intake setup made a noticable difference at the get go. Used the buttons on the unit to load the settings. I could have left it at that. Data logs showed a bit of lean out in AFR at higher rpm's and tp, so i richened it up with the USB/laptop interface.

If you dont mind the initial setup and wiring swaps in the connectors, I'd suggest the unit I chose. Save some bucks and keep your O2 sensors if you have them. You really dont need the USB extras to make it run right.

SE Super Tuner and a K&N air filter setup.

My PC3 went bad 3 weeks ago. MPG's were considerably better with the ST over the PC3. Tracy

Gen 4 TFI, Slip ons and the new Jagg fan assisted oil cooler plus the K&N air filter. That would be a good combo!

I would go with the S.E air cleaner and the TFI. I have a 2006 Ultra with the P.C.3 and have not been able to get it tuned to suit me.

Mike

Back