free website stats program Post your Day Trips and Photos Here | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post your Day Trips and Photos Here

I took a little ride through the local Georgia farmlands East of us Sunday. A clear sunny day in the 60's. There are many old houses, shacks, trailers, and farms. One of them has just about been reclaimed by nature. All of the cotton has been harvested and most taken to the gins. The cotton bale in the pic is the just the right size to put on a flat bed semi. After harvesting, the fields look like there's still 25% of the cotton on the stalk or the ground. I guess it's the cost of business. The only crop still in the field in Sorghum, a grain that looks sorta like corn.

Attachments

• georgia in December 2012 016 (640x480).jpg
    georgia in December 2012 016 (640x480).jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 41
  • georgia in December 2012 012 (640x480).jpg
    georgia in December 2012 012 (640x480).jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 43
I took a little ride through the local Georgia farmlands East of us Sunday. A clear sunny day in the 60's. There are many old houses, shacks, trailers, and farms. One of them has just about been reclaimed by nature. All of the cotton has been harvested and most taken to the gins. The cotton bale in the pic is the just the right size to put on a flat bed semi. After harvesting, the fields look like there's still 25% of the cotton on the stalk or the ground. I guess it's the cost of business. The only crop still in the field in Sorghum, a grain that looks sorta like corn.

It amazes me how much cotton they leave. Looks just like around here.

Great trips! I want one of those burgers Joe had. Where'd that come from?....... We took advantage of some perfect riding temps and rode over to Rolling Fork so I could finally get a shot of the bear statue. Turns out, there are several. A guy from Vicksburg carves one with his chainsaws each Fall at the Great Delta Bear Affair festival. They are bigger than they look in the pics. The last shot is just a wall with different things the area is noted for painted as a mural.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354739066.245418.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354739092.085520.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354739106.943994.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354739121.207238.jpg

Flipper that burger came from a new place in Biloxi called Hookups Bar and Restaurant. (Not a singles bar LOL!!!)

Back