free website stats program Possible fix for the heat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible fix for the heat

With my 11 T/G right side heat was a little too hot for me, Did the stage one and that helped a little, Then I went catless [rush true duels] and that eliminated the heat to my satisfaction..

True duals is the best way to eliminate the heat from the right leg . Granted I have 04 ultra with103 upgrade that has the oil cooler , heat shields etc., but after installing cobra true duals there is a world of difference of heat from the right side .

Ok spoke with Jamie @ Fuel Moto. Said the head pipe would make the most difference so I think I will start with that and go from there. I have one of those temperature readers. I will post the before and after temps.

You are on the right track; eliminating the cat will reduce the heat but the motor is still running lean, even leaner with the exhaust change. Get a flash tuner and get her tuned.:s

I can't believe no one's suggested this yet:

index.html

He's a forum sponsor and this would be a relatively inexpensive first step to try before committing larger funds to the other mods being suggested.

With my 11 T/G right side heat was a little too hot for me, Did the stage one and that helped a little, Then I went catless [rush true duels] and that eliminated the heat to my satisfaction..

I'm hoping for the same results.

True duals is the best way to eliminate the heat from the right leg . Granted I have 04 ultra with103 upgrade that has the oil cooler , heat shields etc., but after installing cobra true duals there is a world of difference of heat from the right side .

I hear cobra makes some very good products.

You are on the right track; eliminating the cat will reduce the heat but the motor is still running lean, even leaner with the exhaust change. Get a flash tuner and get her tuned.:s

I hope so, want this baby running the way it should. Not really looking for more performance, just a correctly running engine.

I have thought of those and may add them but was really trying to help out the bike.

You are on the right track. The shields don't address the lean condition of the bike. Remove the cat and the heat it generates, replace the head pipe and either recore the stock mufflers or replace them, purchase a flash tuner like TTS Mastertune or Power Vision and get the motor tuned. Actually for a Stage I configuration, you could save some $$ and install one of the Dobeck/Techlusion units like the Gen 3 and tune yourself. Then go for the shields if necessary but get the motor "happy" first.:D

You are on the right track. The shields don't address the lean condition of the bike. Remove the cat and the heat it generates, replace the head pipe and either recore the stock mufflers or replace them, purchase a flash tuner like TTS Mastertune or Power Vision and get the motor tuned. Actually for a Stage I configuration, you could save some $$ and install one of the Dobeck/Techlusion units like the Gen 3 and tune yourself. Then go for the shields if necessary but get the motor "happy" first.:D

Looking at the Dobeck Gen 3 and the Fuel Moto Micro Tuner now. Decatted head pipe should be in sometime next week hopefully.

Check out Dobeck TFI. My 2010 Fat Bob ran cooler after I added the GEN 3.5. I'm also getting better gas mileage.

:44:

Back