free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied on this thread a few weeks ago and now that it's resurfaced I think in keeping with the topic of "posers/bikers fine line", that the day of the poser is over. With gas prices as they are you must admit bikes on the streets have reached an all time high and will continue to grow in leaps and bounds. More older and younger women are riding their own bikes, your momma and granny are riding, your grand daddy is sticking his cane across the handle bars, I've seeeeeeeen it. We are in the infancy of the China syndrome, bikes will be the mainstay transportation, very soon, ahso kenechiwa.:p

Seems that some of you don't know what I meant by the uniform comment.It is something thats bugged me for years ever since I heard a comment by a fat slob in a bar who was wearing a vest with about 1000 pins on it,black tshirt with somethin stupid written on it and 40 lb boots. This guy wasn't even riding because the only other bike there besides my Shovel belonged to a friend.Anyway he commented to my friend as I walked in about my attire, because I had tennis shoes on and the type of jacket Ward Cleaver would wear on a brisk day.My friend had to cool things down because I called him a fat pieace of s....Anyway thats where the uniform comment comes from.

Sometimes I ride with sneakers and sweat pants if I am going to friends house to relax and play cards. I drive in excess of 10,000 miles a year on my bikes. Does this make me a poser?:skipping

For someone that probably fancys himself as independant you sure like to tell people whats right to wear and whats not.I don't need or want anyone tellin me what to wear,and by the way I am a proud Harley owner who stops for bikers on the side of the road that need help.And I can ride a wheelie on my 03 Dyna so I get (edit) when some slob thats not even on a bike but is waerin all the paraphanalia says I'm not a real biker cuzz I'm not dressed like a clown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to ride my motorcycle, I don't put a handle on myself , if I am working around the house i will have my tennis shoes on, there's been times I suddenly wanted to go for a ride, I'll roll my bike out and jump on and when I drop it down into first I realize I still have my tennis shoes on, I'm not going to go back into the house and change to my boots just because I'm afraid the fashion police might see me, I'm going for the ride not to check out what everyone else is wearing, That's for the girls to do! What I'm realy trying to say is live and let ride. :cheers:cheers

IMO, being a biker has nothing to do with what you own, but if you ride it. I know riders with BMW's that put 15-20k a year on thier scoots. Then I Road Glide guys that meet at Dunkin Donuts, for 3 hours and ride 2 miles home 3 nights a week. All they talk about is thier bikes and posers on Yamahas and BMW. I told em I have more time at the gas pump, then they do in the saddle. a laugh at em all. Usually to no reply. You want to be a biker, it's simple, Ride and Wrench, you want to be a poser, go to HD, buy all the leather, Chaps, Bandanas, and rings you can afford, walk in like you just rode 1000 miles when everyone knows you drove there.

I laugh my butt off when I go to a winter swapmeet and folks look like they rode therer in 20 degree weather. No bikes in the lot.

If you have special clothes, jewlery, to look like a biker, your probably not.

stop mean muggin and smile, lifes more fun..

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it out.

Like anything in life, if you walk into it, and feel like you don't belong, you probably don't.

If you go to the ghetto and feel like your gonna get robbed, it's because you don't belong there in the first place. It's not your scene. Same goes for the Saloon, or bike ralleys. so, like many post, on what to wear, thats not the Man, thats the cover. Anyone true to who they are, see's right threw it.

Thats the Joke of wild Hogs, trying to belong, knowing you don't. you can't act a lifestyle.

I figured it out.

Like anything in life, if you walk into it, and feel like you don't belong, you probably don't.

If you go to the ghetto and feel like your gonna get robbed, it's because you don't belong there in the first place. It's not your scene. Same goes for the Saloon, or bike ralleys. so, like many post, on what to wear, thats not the Man, thats the cover. Anyone true to who they are, see's right threw it.

Thats the Joke of wild Hogs, trying to belong, knowing you don't. you can't act a lifestyle.
Hey brother, that's it, you got it exactly right

I am a minister and have been riding all my life. For a lot of years people kind of looked down on the idea of a minister on a motorcycle because of the "biker" label. I was glad when it seemed to me all that began to change. I ride because I love the feel of riding and most folks are no longer surprised or judgmental about it.

I am a minister and have been riding all my life. For a lot of years people kind of looked down on the idea of a minister on a motorcycle because of the "biker" label. I was glad when it seemed to me all that began to change. I ride because I love the feel of riding and most folks are no longer surprised or judgmental about it.
It is simple to me, if it is cold I wear a leather jacket and it is not Harley leather jacket either. I wear a vest because it holds my shirt down. I wear leather Harley boots (a gift) everyday because I actually like them and the boots making it safer to ride is a double bonus. I also wear a brain bucket not because of anything more than it being lite on my big melon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back