free website stats program Pose Rider ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Pose Rider ?

You're probably referring to the term "poser." Generally accepted to be someone who spends tons of money on his/her bike, accessories, and gear to give the appearance of being a genuine "biker" and then only puts a couple hundred miles a year on their motorcycle.

A Posse Rider? That's when the sheriff says, "Yer all deputized" and we ride-a hootin and a hollerin-and head em off at the pass!

What? Oh, a Poser. Sorry, my bad. :s

I don't think anyone should be called a poser for wanting to ride or own a Harley. I know myself, I am not a biker, I really don't wear all the get up and drive in a club. I just like getting on the bike and hitting the throttle and driving down the back roads. I know in my neighborhood, just about every guy has a bike in the garage, none of them are bikers and they ride when they want to ride, that is the beauty of owning a bike. I know a few guys that are suits by day and leather at night, you could say they are posers, but it is what they are into...

I myself would ride more, but I live in a shore resort area and it is just crazy through the whole summer. Backed up traffic, girls on cell phones driving and texting, drunks and everyone in a hurry to get to the beach, I have had way too many close calls and sadly to say, two young guys were just killed in the middle of the August, just 2 miles from my home, they were killed from a combination of what mentioned above. So for me I just ride in the fall and spring and a little in the summer when some of the guys get together for a ride, I defiantly feel safer with a few other bikes in the summer..

I'd say if your tires still have the the little rubber hairs somewhere along the contact patch your a poser:newsmile036:

_
What is a pose, (Poz), rider?

Have you ever stood next to your bike and had your picture taken? wouldn't that be considered posing? We've all done it (even the biggest baddest bikers I know have done so don't get uptight.) It's not a bad thing.:taunt

Back