free website stats program Police seat on Fatboy? | Harley Davidson Forums

Police seat on Fatboy?

Oldskul

I was wondering if anyone has converted the stock HD seat to the Police type suspension seat on a Fatboy.
I've been toying with the idea after so many people swear by the comfort so I have been checking out the used air suspension seats on 'bay.

Any experiences?

Henry

I'll bump this up. I am curious too. I have a 07 springer classic, and like the police type seat also. I have seen other solo seats that look ok that they have a kit for, but just because they don't make the kit, doesn't mean we can't do it. Probably just will take some time to make our own setup.

That would be interesting, in Idaho you can't give the seats away, they sit the rider pretty high in the saddle, but I've gotten lots of request from bro's in Alaska for them because they are the most comfortable seat available, in my opinion, I love them and my bro's in Alaska are all 300+ pounds on touring models riding ruff roads with frost heaves. I don't know how you would mount the center post (the shock) on a softail and still access the battery, might work right behind it? The front should be a easy weld on bracket and the air tank you could hide almost anyware. If you do it keep us posted.

Not much to offer on the retrofit. But the police seat is a great seat. You can ride on it all day. You might have to consider a change in handlebars with the seat upgrade. The police bikes use Heritage type bars. I really like the fact it sits you up high, give you a better view of the road ahead.

Back