free website stats program Please i need mechanical help!!!! | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please i need mechanical help!!!!

I'm pretty shure you can get a race tuner for alot less than 800 dollars, check Latus HD's website for the mods you have all you're gonna need is the so called stage 1 map flashed in. Good luck whatever you decide.

Stage 1 download should be 145.00 installed, the sert is around 300.00 plus 1 hour shop time

The dobeck is new, maybe a couple months at most. I havent called dobeck yet because its raining here and I havent had a chance to make shure thats the problem. So far the bike hasnt had the same symtoms. It shure does look like that was the problem, but I want to be certain and not put blame where it dosnt belong. I would rather it take alittle while for me to be certain, than to repost that I was wrong and it was something elese. This is my first dobeck. I have used all Vance & Hines Fuel Paks and exhaust. I love them and have never had any problems with them, but I have heard people say they would never use them again because of break downs and failures in the field. If you do research you will find that with every single product, Harley, Power Commander, V & H, Dobeck, Ect. All I have to go by is my personal experiance, word of mouth, and what I see. Around here, people havent even heard of dobeck. When Im asked about it they want to inspect the bike and how its hooked up. A few shops wouldnt even do the ACR's because they were not familiar with the product. In my riding group there is a wide varity of programmers, and Not! I will say that the reason I have a dobeck is because of HDTimeline and theres a lot of good talk about them on here, but we are going to find as more of them are used that there will be failures. It a part of the product process. I will say that in my personal opionin the "CARBURETOR" was and still is the very best programmer ever made.

Just wnet thru a situation with a member having problems with His TFI.. Long and short of it.. Suspected Bad wire when installed too tightly tired , the vibration of the bike pulled or broke the wire..
read it here

Alternatives To the Dobeck TFI? - Harley Davidson Community

take a look.... Maybe this will help out. Call Chris and talk. again if necessary...

They Don't want their product at Fault.

signed....BUBBIE

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, just completed a good ride on the roadking and had no issues. It ran good, and never had any hesitation or popping. I can tell it is a bit lean but it never got hot. Was a good ride, "I needed one".
Bubbie,
I did read the complete post about the bad wire. I havent called chris from dobeck yet, I just pulled in for a drink and this update and I am headed back out. I'm gonna get it while the getting is good!!!! Will call though. Did check the wires and form what I can see they are good, but I could have missed something.
So I'm going riding. Your welcome to join me.

Back