free website stats program Please help | Harley Davidson Forums

Please help

specops2

I have a 2007 Roadking Custom. Yesterday I went to start it and nothing. I purchased and installed a new battery and all I get is blinking turn signals - the engine does not turn over. I checked the gear it was in, rechecked the battery connections and still nothing but flashing turn signals. My security key fob seems to be OK. I replaced the stater late last year and until now, the bike has run great.

What should I check?

Jim:(

You are aware of the clutch safety switch on that bike where the clutch has to be pulled in to start it?

You may want to check the FOB battery too.

In addition to what The Tank posted above, read this too...

Harley Davidson Community

I have a 07 Ultra and had a similar problem with it a few months ago. Went to start it and nothing but lights , flashing turn sigs. I checked and re-checked evrything.Didnt matter if it was in gear , neutral , clutch in , out or me standing on my head trying to do the whaatoossie. Turned out to be the battery in the fob itself. Just a idea of a simple check before tearing into the scoot to deep.

remember to trickel a newly-purchashed battery before installing it. and if its a non-sealed type, the electro light level is 1/8" above the plates. just a thought.

And...double check battery connections + use some dielectric grease on them to ensure good contact.

I had a similar problem the other day when I went to start my bike. I have a bad habit of not remembering to set the engine? switch to off. Its been a problem only once before in the past. I tried to start it, no go. The stereo was going but the electronics (not sure what it is), weren't making a sound like they usually do when I turn the ignition switch to on. I turned the engine switch off, then on. Tried to re-start it and it worked. Not sure why.

Back