free website stats program Planning trip to New Orleans | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning trip to New Orleans

nramike

A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to New Orleans and maybe hugging the coast for a few days after. Going the week of Memorial Day. Got and ideas on things to do, see, eat and drink? Thanks for all input...

A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to New Orleans and maybe hugging the coast for a few days after. Going the week of Memorial Day. Got and ideas on things to do, see, eat and drink? Thanks for all input...

Don't know which way your going when you hug the coast, but to the west they now let motorcycles on the island where they grow the peppers and make tabasco. If you get over to the east there are alot of good places to eat posted on the forum thread. If you happen to make it to Fl. Toucans in Mexico Beach is really good. Ride safe and watch out for all the crazies on the road Memorial Day.

Hey Mike, like Don I don't know which way your headed but another great place in Mexico Beach is Killer Seafood on 98. Ride safe

RedFish Joe made some very good suggestions. If you are going to cross the bay on the causeway (US 90), check out Tacky Jacks, their food is good and very reasonably priced. If you dare, they have the best Bushwackers anywhere, be careful!

Redfish-Joe fogot to tell you about SouthSide Cafe in Slidell, La. One of the best biker friendly places around. It even has "bikes only" parking right in front.

Shoot a couple of PMs to us that live along the way and maybe we can meet for a cup of joe or a cold one.

Mancie's in Daphne Al. has killer burgers and po-boys.
Manci's Antique Club - Historic Restaurant Bar in Daphne, AL

The Shed on Hiway 53 in Gulfport has the BEST BBQ. Not to be confused with the one on Hiway 57.
The Shed Gulfport, MS | A Family Food Drinkery

Joe, I think this is about the 2nd-3rd time you mentioned THE SHED and to go to the one on hwy53 and NOT the one at exit 57. I have always stopped at the one off exit 57 because it is so near the I-10. SO .... why do you prefer (like) the other one much. Just curious. I will go there next time just wanted to know your opinions.

Bill

Back