free website stats program Planning a Trip to Mountain View AR | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning a Trip to Mountain View AR

Murk

Ten of us are riding from Dallas to Mountain View AR August 2011. We've never been in that area. Any one have any tips; Cabin rentals, restaurants, things to see, roads to ride. Planning to stay a week. I know they have a Music and Motorcycle Festival in late August we may try to make that.

Thanks Cyclops and Joe I have also made a good contact in Mountain View. Sarah's Cabins she is full of great information and has been really helpful. Never been to the area but everything I am hearing sounds like great riding and lots to see.

I was just thinking about that CK. Good advise. If we stick to our time frames we will be arriving at our destination between 8:00 and 9:00pm, I am a little worried about that I have had wildlife experiences in Colorado, NOT FUN! By the way does anyone have any advise on home base, Harrison area or Mountain View area as far as better riding, more central to things to see?

I was just thinking about that CK. Good advise. If we stick to our time frames we will be arriving at our destination between 8:00 and 9:00pm, I am a little worried about that I have had wildlife experiences in Colorado, NOT FUN! By the way does anyone have any advise on home base, Harrison area or Mountain View area as far as better riding, more central to things to see?
From Harrison I would highly recommend a ride west to Eureka Springs; nice biker friendly town. Harley dealer there sells mostly clothing, etc. and has a nice biker bar/grill. It's PigTrail HD. They're bigger/nicer shop is southwest of Eureka Springs in Rogers, another nice ride with lots of curves. Depending on your time, you might consider riding the actual Pig Trail, but ride safe and take your time many more curves/hills. Here's a link to some Arkansas rides/roads that may be able to help with your plans based on where/when you want/need to go. Ride Safe!

Motorcycle road trips - Arkansas motorcycle trips

Back