free website stats program Planning a Mexico trip | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning a Mexico trip

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not crazy about going across the border or any border towns in the U.S., but a friend that is going really wants to. He has went with me on some of my dream rides, so it's time to return the favor. He has been in every state but Alaska and he's been in Canada and just wants to add Mexico to his list of accomplishments. Next year, God willing, we will be going to Alaska and the year after, Australia for a fly and ride. I just hope I can do all these rides before I'm too old to throw my leg over my bike and my retirement lasts. :newsmile036: Again, thank you all for your relies.

To me, its no different ridding your scoot in Iraq than Mexico. Its a war zone. I still say check out the schools and news papers. The U of A, in Tucson advised their students to forgo the spring trip to Rocky Point because of all the shootings and death. We have friends still in Arizona that did travel to Rocky Point for holidays, but no more. Americans are kidnaped and held for ransom. Most are never returned, or only parts are returned. Maybe an ear or sometimes the body sans, head. This is your decision, if you go be careful. As for me, I ain't lost nothing down there.

If i wasn't a 100% I wanted to take a trip to a certain place because of concerns for my safety I definitely would not do it out of obligation to return a favor to a friend. You should tell him that you have doubts about the safety of such a trip and maybe you could show him some off these posts for reinforcement. As a friend I wouldn't ask someone more than once to do something if they didn't feel right about doing it. If they said no the first time I asked that would be the end of it. To be honest I would hate to see your name in the R.I.P. Section just because you were returning a favor to a friend. That said, if you decide to do it; I hope you have a great time and a safe trip. and don't forget the pictures.

Well, all of us going on the trip got together yesterday before the super bowl and after everyone read the replies in this thread, the Mexico part of our trip was canceled. Thanks to all who replied. Now, I feel much better about our trip and I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, all of us going on the trip got together yesterday before the super bowl and after everyone read the replies in this thread, the Mexico part of our trip was canceled. Thanks to all who replied. Now, I feel much better about our trip and I'm really looking forward to it.

GOOD SOLID CHOICE....

If you ride the east to the west YOU WILL have your hands full enough for SAFETY in the USA....
I hope a member or TWO carry and KNOW HOW TO legally and SAFELY...

YOU can get on line and FIND OUT the individual STATE RULES for carrying and I would suggest to do so....

I remember on ONE of my MANY trips from Az. to NM. Into TEXAS.... being told by a friend that YOU CAN carry open in texas.....BUT
Az. and NM. you can carry open and TEXAS you can't...SO putting it UNDER COVER was legal...
I carry a conceal carry permit for Az. and Wa. and never had a problem with the law on any of my rides....I have been told that while on a trip A LOT not ALL, law enforcement will honor a conceal carry permit IF you are legal and have done nothing WRONG......

I ride with a BIG sheriff when down in AZ....
SCARY enough with him along!!! Ha Ha
I asked MY FRIEND (sheriff) why he never carried while we ride together?
He replied "I protected your back while on duty NOW it is your turn to protect mine"...
THE wording WAS a little more colorful than that,,, but RULES are RULES.....

On a gas stop and a break over in Lordsburg N.M.....
MY FRIEND and I had a few other bikers around and I like to talk with ALL... The group of bikers LOOKING at my new looking(old) 2000 FXDS and at the VERY NEW 08 street glide (sheriffs) bike with a lot of MODS.,,, parked next to mine....
A couple of ROUGH LOOKING bikers pull up... THEY joined in our FUN conversation about the difference in bikes.
I MOTIONED the TWO new guys to LOOK at the side cover I had given MY FRIEND....(my commission for his purchase from HD)
SEEING it was a SHERIFF emblem they NEVER stuck around...KINDA REALLY SNUCK OFF......

LAUGHING from ALL the REMAINING group as the Sheriff said "THAT ALWAYS BLOWS MY COVER"..... his size was the main threat... being a sheriff only second...

I ALWAYS PACK and NEVER had the NEED YET for PULLING the gun..

HEY, we are AT WAR and I feel the need to SHOW that I'm up to protecting myself regardless..95% of my rides are by myself...

PACKING OPEN on my hip usually KEEPS the rip-offs away and I don't mind the look from the occasional FEW who are BOTHERED by my wearing a 40 cal. SS TRURUS....

KEEP SAFE
signed....BUBBIE

Good decision. It's better to always WISH you had done it, than to forever REGRET that you did it.

I think you guys are blowing every thing out of proportion I just cross the border and drove with my road king and my son's sporster from san fransisco california to guadalajara jalisco and is like everything ells you take your precations like not riding alon and not ride at night.if you came to mexico all you need is your current registration, your passport and your driver lisence, and a credit cart. after you ride for about two hours into mexico every body is very frenly and willing to give you a hand.

I think you guys are blowing every thing out of proportion I just cross the border and drove with my road king and my son's sporster from san fransisco california to guadalajara jalisco and is like everything ells you take your precations like not riding alon and not ride at night.if you came to mexico all you need is your current registration, your passport and your driver lisence, and a credit cart. after you ride for about two hours into mexico every body is very frenly and willing to give you a hand.

:p I agree....many trips to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco)...nothing but good times and treated well by the locals...they like our money...times are tough everywhere.

I have traveled to MX serveral times but only on the east and centeral areas. Yes there is trouble in the boarders areas. Stop short, walk across, get paper work and then start early next day and leave boarder behind. Don't travel at night, or hang out where there is likely to be trouble. obey the laws and customs of your host country. Go to adrider.com for some good information.

Bob

Back