free website stats program Placed my Tour Pack Order! | Harley Davidson Forums

Placed my Tour Pack Order!

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Well, I guess I finally got over the new bike fever I was suffering from a while back. After careful consideration and many helpful posts on a variety of threads on this forum, I accepted the fact that it would cost me a considerable amount of money to trade up to a 2009 EGlide Classic or Ultra and I would be losing a bike I truly enjoy and have set up just about perfectly for me - seat, backrest, highway pegs, and a little bling here and there. I'd have to start all over again on a new bike in these areas.

Sooooo.....I decided to enhance my Street Glide's tourability and value by adding a color matched, detachable, King Tour Pack. If anyone's interested, here's the parts list and prices from Zanotti's:

53270-08CPC King Tour Pack (Dark Blue Pearl) $594.00
52892-98A King Tour Pack smooth backrest $150.00
53276-04 2 Up Detachable Rack $140.34
53665-87 King Tour Pack Luggage Rack $93.60
53194-07 Lock $15.96
Shipping $36.97

Total $1030.87

You'll also need the appropriate docking kit but I already purchased this from a local dealer with some store credit I had so I can put that on immediately and be ready when everything else comes in. Color matched items can take forever so I'm sure it's going to be a long wait!

I don't think you will be sorry Doc. Looks like a good choice to me. I know you'll like having that tour pak on a long trip.

I don't think you will be sorry Doc. Looks like a good choice to me. I know you'll like having that tour pak on a long trip.

Thanks. What I worry about now is that everyone who has one says you get to the point where you never want to take it off. I set it up to be detachable because I love the clean look of the FLHX and the vast majority of my riding is still local stuff and half day rides where I wouldn't need it. I guess only time will tell!

I think you will still want to take it off for short runs. At least I hope so because I just invested in the quick remove kit:D

Doc, I've been thinking about investing in a tour pak for my FLHX as well. Can't wait to see pics of yours with it mounted.

I think you will still want to take it off for short runs. At least I hope so because I just invested in the quick remove kit:D

That's exactly what I'm thinking!

Doc, I've been thinking about investing in a tour pak for my FLHX as well. Can't wait to see pics of yours with it mounted.

Waiting for an email from Zanotti's to see how long the wait will be for the actual pack, since it has to be ordered as the color match. Pictures will be up as soon as it's done!

I have never ridin with my tourpak off. Just too handy to keep junk in, but the other day when I had it off for cleaning I was thinking of leaving it off for some day riding.

Around town, it's nice to have off. Gives a great clean look and less top heaviness, but on long trips, it's sure great to have!

On a 09 street glide things start getting alot more expensive
Quick detach kit for 09 $530 + tourpak and back rest acessories

Back