free website stats program Pipes too loud? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes too loud?

Thanks man I will google ear plugs at Hein Gericke, sounds like a winner for me. I bought a 3/4 open face to beat the heat and it does seem less of a wind in the ear than my full face. But I still get it, even the few times I rode with no helmet.

Hey R_W_B,

Hein Gericke is a German motorbike accessory store which has outlets in the UK - I googled them for the USA but they don't seem to be there. An unusual reversal of fortune as I regularly find myself lusting for some motorbike item available in the USA which I can't source this side-of-the-pond.

Anyway - these are the earplugs which I've been really pleased with:

Alpine MotoSafe | Earplug Shop

good luck and ride safe.

Hey R_W_B,

Hein Gericke is a German motorbike accessory store which has outlets in the UK - I googled them for the USA but they don't seem to be there. An unusual reversal of fortune as I regularly find myself lusting for some motorbike item available in the USA which I can't source this side-of-the-pond.

Anyway - these are the earplugs which I've been really pleased with:

Alpine MotoSafe | Earplug Shop

good luck and ride safe.

Thanks I will check it out.

I know going from bagger w/ shield to 75 flh without one the wind noise is like a frieght train I love the wind but that noise Ill try e plugs.

I know going from bagger w/ shield to 75 flh without one the wind noise is like a frieght train I love the wind but that noise Ill try e plugs.

Well glad to hear the shield helps at least some. I will still use plugs for sure but my very first shield I have ever owned should arrive today ( I hope ).

Also hoping it will keep most of the love bugs off my tank and my vest. If I'm real lucky it will scoot them over my helmet face shield.

Actually that link had Britsh pound prices also. I found this link at Amazon that has what appears to be the same functional design at a pretty good price.

Amazon.com: Hearos High Fidelity Ear Plugs for Long Term Use, 1 Package: Health Personal Care

Yep - they look pretty much the same. They'll keep the love bugs out of your ears too! Had a wasp get inside my full lid last year while I was riding - I nearly freaked. Was a big test of my will power to pull over in a safe place and stop without loosing it. It was still in there when I took the lid off. Luckily I didn't get stung on the eye or something. I know, I know - I'm just a big baby :D

Yep - they look pretty much the same. They'll keep the love bugs out of your ears too! Had a wasp get inside my full lid last year while I was riding - I nearly freaked. Was a big test of my will power to pull over in a safe place and stop without loosing it. It was still in there when I took the lid off. Luckily I didn't get stung on the eye or something. I know, I know - I'm just a big baby :D

Whoa, that would be a freak out item. I've been stung in the lower lip once years ago riding my cousin's dirt bike. My lip swelled up like one of those Ubangy tribes in Africa that insert a wooden disk in their lip at a young age. I could hardly eat for 2 days.

I ordered those plugs at Amazon.

First off,,I cant here a thing you guys are saying...:)..I have vance and hines pipes and thay are not too loud unless I want them to be and that is in trafic..I am thinking about a winsheld mostly because of neck and sholder arthritis pain and my ears may like it too.

Not to worry Mat 60...anything to cut the windblast noise will save your ears, the windshield once fitted properly will make a BIG difference on the long rides. I have to admit, I rode a sportbike with all the bodywork, windshield, body armour, and full face helmet and it places the rider in a cocoon (sorta like Get Smart' "Cone of Silence". Made the sportrider better, but not enjoy the true "free" sensations of over 20 years of motorcycle riding/touring.:51:

These days I ride with leather jacket, chaps, gloves and boots, with a leather bandana, 1/2 helmet with goggles, moving towards a more "minimalist" approach, it just feels right with the Harley. Either way, you will like the mods and will wonder why you didn't do them sooner. :s

Back