free website stats program Pesky oil leak on '03 UC | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pesky oil leak on '03 UC

The majority of the information I have found indicates that the total travel of the lifter piston is 0.200". The guy your were talking to may have meant that the adjustment should be 0.125", which is what I had thought would have been half way. But as I have been saying, I can not find any engineering info on the lifters that would show this definitively.

HDWrench measured four B lifters and provided the info above which tends to reinforce the 0.200" nominal spec. That is why I am going to back my pushrods off 5 flats and see how that does. If I get a bunch of noise, I will go to back out 3 flats to 0.125" and see what that does. Worse case: I end up back where I started!!

TQ

Should I be backing off on my pr's, I did the three turns as TQ suggested when I was installing them on both my 01rk and 06 flhtci. What will happen if left alone? Both bikes have stock lifters.

Should I be backing off on my pr's, I did the three turns as TQ suggested when I was installing them on both my 01rk and 06 flhtci. What will happen if left alone? Both bikes have stock lifters.

They will be just fine and quieter in MHO...

If your adjusters are at 24to an Inch, Leave them there.. No noise and working good ?

No need to re-set...

I use the More approach on adjusting my lifters and 3 turns plus few flats will not harm anything...
Heating Makes MORE clearance not Less...

I'd rather be at 3 than 2.5.......

HD Engines HEAT and the amount of adjustment on the lifter and pushrods GO opposite of the way most
think !!!

IF you have a problem with Too Much adjustment of the pushrods, it will show up when the motor is COLD... Valves staying open...

signed....BUBBIE

Back