free website stats program Personal code for security | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Personal code for security

Thanks Glider.

I tried the procedure but the code did not display in the speedo milometer.

Any ideas?

The main question is can I input any new code (and will that over-write the existing code - an earlier post seems to say yes)?

A

It should display if it's done properly ,and you can use any code (5 digits) but the higher the numbers, the more chance of making a mistake with it if you use it.

Never got back to you, Glider! (Work, work and work......)

The main question is - if there is an existing code, can I try another one and over-write it or will it screw up the ECU?

Many thanks,

A

I got my '09 Electra Glide Classic in July. Before I left the dealership with it, the sales manager programmed my PIN in for me, made me write it on a card provided with the manual and put it in my wallet.
Here's what my manual instructs....I don't know if this will work for prior year bikes.

1) Select a 5 digit PIN and write it down.
2) With an ssigned Fob present, turn the ignition key to Ignition-OFF-Ignition-OFF-Ignition.
3) Press the left turn signal switch 3 times.
4) Press the right turn signal switch 1 time. The current PIN will appear in the odometer, and the first digit will be flashing.
5) Enter the first digit of your new PIN by pressing the left turn signal switch X times (once for 1, twice for 2 etc.)
6) Press the right turn signal switch 1 time. Your new digit will replace the current on on the odometer.
7) Enter the second digit of new PIN by pressing left turn signal X times (again, once for 1, twice for 2 etc.)
8) Press right turn signal 1 time. The second digit of your new PIN should appear.
Continue this operation until you've entered your 5 digit PIN. After entering the last digit, and before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF.

Maybe try it this way. Read it a few times until you understand the procedure. It is an important thing to set, if you loose your FOB while out on the road, you'll never get the bike started agin without it. Also if you happen to only have one FOB and loose that, you'll have to replace the TSSM and if you don't have the PIN number set, no start at all till you replace the TSSM:D

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) - Harley Davidson Community

Hey Glider, let me make sure I understand this... I have one fob and when the TSSM was installed, I had the dealer set my desired pin. (I tested it, it works).
BUT, if I lose my fob, they cannot program another without a new TSSM OR were you saying the new TSSM would be required because of no pin ?

TIA

Back