free website stats program Perfect Harley...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Perfect Harley......

DYNAGUY

Do you own it? Lets be really honest here. I was thinking about trading my Wide Glide for a Nite Train.But after a sleepless nite and much hard thinking i decided to keep WG. There are things i liked about my Sporster and things i hated. There are things i like about my WG. There are things i like on Nite Train. And vicea versa.Is there things about your ride that you like or dislike? Now i am talking about off the showroom floor . We all know that we can modify and make it perfect . Or is Harley just giving us enough to get us to buy? Knowing we will be back for Pipes, Chrome and other goodies.I was told buying a harley was just begining. I was a open house today. There was not a single bike there that was not tinkerd with.:rider

Didn't like mine off the floor. After a few mods to cool it off, pep it up and also eliminate the clatter, It's perfect now!:D

I feel that buying a harley is much different than buying a car. Most of us buy the car, drive it for years and never make one change. Harley (and other aftermarket companies) offer so many options for us to customize our toys to allow them to mirror our personalities. It can get expensive, but so can any other hobby/sport. I love the fact that you can go to a rally, see 2000 bikes and no 2 are exactly alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
DYNAGUY, two areas I found that you had to be very carefull, were handlebars and exhausts. It took me three goes to get the bars I liked and four exhausts before I was completely happy. Other mods I found fairly easy, not counting engine mods?

DYNAGUY, two areas I found that you had to be very carefull, were handlebars and exhausts. It took me three goes to get the bars I liked and four exhausts before I was completely happy. Other mods I found fairly easy, not counting engine mods?

Hey T....Hope you put the bars on facing towards you, maybe that's why you had all the trouble. Did you notice that the clutch was on the right then?

ROTFsidewaysfatX.gif

I s'pose you think your really funny there glider????:yeahright Just because you own the heaviest Harley on the planet, due to numerous bolt ons, stick ons, throw ons, glued ons, etc,etc,etc...... :laugh Wait till I get my new wheels buddy, I'll need 400psi in my tyres to ride it...hahahahahaah...it'll be so heavy with mods, it will make yours look a real "plain Jane" RK.....:lero

yeah, yeah,yeah, just concentrate on getting the bars on Right this time:yahooI'm awaiting there T :26::Banane39:

Here's T's last try at replacing wheels :D

78021_f260.jpg

Last edited:
I s'pose you think your really funny there glider????:yeahright Just because you own the heaviest Harley on the planet, due to numerous bolt ons, stick ons, throw ons, glued ons, etc,etc,etc...... :laugh Wait till I get my new wheels buddy, I'll need 400psi in my tyres to ride it...hahahahahaah...it'll be so heavy with mods, it will make yours look a real "plain Jane" RK.....:lero
don't feel bad T! I went through two sets of bars and am on my 4 set of pipes and have already eyed what I know are the last I'll be buying until they need replaced :s And pay no attention to that glider guy. I heard he's a trouble maker :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynaguy, I've always liked things on other models that I don't have on my Springer Classic. But I'm usually looking at completely different bikes like a tourer or something more nimble with a skinny front tire. IMO the WG and NT are very similar styles and you can probably do mods to either to make it look and feel more like the other. Just my 02.

Back