free website stats program PC III for dummies | Harley Davidson Forums

PC III for dummies

Crambo

I've been running my 08 Nightster with V&H SideShots SE Heavy Breather V&H FuelPak for the last 5 months with NO complaints, I have recently installed a set of SE .551 cams and swapped out the FuelPak for the PC III USB and the bike is surging popping and backfiring (not popping, backfiring like a sawn off 12 gauge) wrote to Dynojet after I was unable to find a canned map that worked for me on their web page and they sent me map # M817-005 (from their web page :small3d007:) that is the closest to my setup that they currently have available in their map database library (2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 *Advanced Map*
Bassani Pro Streets exhaust, Screamin' Eagle air filter,Stock ECM, Dynojet O2 sensor eliminators installed)
the nearest dyno station to me is 1500 miles all round trip, has anyone got a canned map with a similar set up, or is there someway for a complete noob without a rev counter that knows nothing about EFI fuelers can learn to tune a PC III form scratch, or am I destined to carrying my laptop around with me and changing maps every 5 minutes when problems occur...:D

Once you have a map in your computer you can richen or lean the values in each field ..

when does it back fire ?

I'm guessing here because I don't know how many revs I'm doing without a rev counter, third gear between 80kph/50mph - 120kph/80mph, between 3000 - 5000rpm ???
I'm also guessing throttle position is between 40% - 60%. The truth of the matter is I just don't know.
OK these canned maps are a good starting point, but are not open for discussion with the likes of dynojet, fuelmoto etc, they are willing to sell you a custom map and if it doesn't work...well buy another, I thought the whole idea behind the PC III was YOU could customize yourself a map, but from what I have seen no-one in the "innercircle" wants you to do it yourself, the best advice "get it dynoed" "contact Jamie at fuelmoto they have thousands of maps, he'll sort you out" "Dyno research monitor vtwin forums they can give you a map if you request one for your set up"...Money money money money, I can't understand why these maps are not made available on a public domain, seems to me that there is a unfair monopoly on PC maps so that those in the innercircle can line their pockets even further...Rant over :D

when you left off the gas or get on it ? you can adjust the map your sellf just takes time

steady cruising i would think your throttle would be less than 40% .. have you tried adjusting the map your self?

ill download the map and look at it

Started to adjust the cells between 3000rpm - 5000rpm at 40% - 60% TP X3pageUp, but didn't make alot of difference, I hav ealso enabled the PumpAcel program for street riding because acceleration was lagging, along with Rev Extend to see if the cams kick in, everything seems so much more sluggish compared to the FuelPak, calibrated the throttle from day one.
I did try the M817-006 which has the V&H ShortShots that backfired via my breather and scared the life out of me...:small3d038:

how much did you adjust them up ?

can ya email the map your running now with the adjustments?

PM me your email and I'll send it to you, I highlighted between 3k - 5k rpm/40% - 100% TP and raised all cells by hitting the page up button three times, no doubt that is not where I needed it...:newsmile030:

Crambo,

Have you checked for intake and exhaust leaks? The problem you are describing may not be the tuner and a mechanical problem instead. The Self-help section has some discussion for checking for these leaks.

TQ

Back