free website stats program Patriot Guard Ridership Up! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Patriot Guard Ridership Up!

Had my first mission today. Was honored to show respect for one of the passed on WW II Black Vets of the Buffalo Soldier units. He was in the all black unit of soldiers (referred to as the Buffalo Soldiers) that fought bravely during WW II but got no recognition for it until years later.

With all of the recent news stories I started reading again about the PGR. Great organization and I decided I should join this time instead of just reading. The member count just went up by one more. :s

That's great Tank, I've had one mission so far and another one coming this week. Make sure you bring a hat, (well guess it's not as critical if you're not bald like me) cause we had to stand in flag formation for quite a while the family and other people come into the church. It can get kinda hot though. I brought a small bottle of water but the ride captain had a trailer with ice chest full of it (you are allowed to carry one small bottle with you in flag formation)

Hey Dave - It's cool to see you pumped about this! You seem like a perfect fit and it wouldn't surpise me at all to see you in a leadership role by this time next year. Have you picked up the PGR patch yet? How does that work? I imagine a lot of guys have them but probably only where them on missions.

Hey Dave - It's cool to see you pumped about this! You seem like a perfect fit and it wouldn't surpise me at all to see you in a leadership role by this time next year. Have you picked up the PGR patch yet? How does that work? I imagine a lot of guys have them but probably only where them on missions.

I ordered the patch but it has not arrived yet. It's a $10 donation to get the patch online. The ride captain did give me a small pin-on metal badge at the mission though. There is some time before the staging meeting for socializing and looking at each other's bikes, but then after the staging meeting and the ceremonies begin it's more structured and solemn (and rightfully so). It's all about volunteering your time for deserving Vets and their families.

Tell you this though, this funeral was in the Black community and riding through there was gooood smellun barbeque going home. Those folks sure know how to do good barbeque. God rest the passed Buffalo Soldier, he fought bravely in Normandy so we did not have to live under a Hilter's tryanny all these years. And a few years back our (sometimes slow) nation rightfully recognized their service publically. He was 90yrs old when he passed. My heart goes out to his spirit and his family.

I ordered the patch but it has not arrived yet. It's a $10 donation to get the patch online. The ride captain did give me a small pin-on metal badge at the mission though. There is some time before the staging meeting for socializing and looking at each other's bikes, but then after the staging meeting and the ceremonies begin it's more structured and solemn (and rightfully so). It's all about volunteering your time for deserving Vets and their families.

Tell you this though, this funeral was in the Black community and riding through there was gooood smellun barbeque going home. Those folks sure know how to do good barbeque. God rest the passed Buffalo Soldier, he fought bravely in Normandy so we did not have to live under a Hilter's tryanny all these years. And a few years back our (sometimes slow) nation rightfully recognized their service publically. He was 90yrs old when he passed. My heart goes out to his spirit and his family.

Right on! My old man and 4 of my uncles were on convoy support until the Sullivan Brothers incident. Navy split up all the brother teams and dad ended up driving an LCT at Omaha. It was a mess! Not a real high survival rate. I remember him telling us about having to shoot down fighter planes with fire hoses because the ships were packed to close to use guns and they were making their runs at water level. Was a crazy day!

I'm still on the bubble for joining PGR just because I don't want to commit and not be able to make them all. I'll keep thinking about it. Definately a worth while thing though!

Alright already... I'll hop over there and sign up. I guess you do it on the national site cuz I looked over the Washington State site and didn't find a sign-up button. So does the national group inform the State group and then they contact you? Guess we'll find out. Here goes...

I feel like I'm back at MCRD trying to find my way off the bus!

Back