free website stats program "Patriot Guard Riders" (Post in this thread) | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Patriot Guard Riders" (Post in this thread)

re: "Patriot Guard Riders?" (Post in this section)

Dave - your passion and deidication to this is impressive! You gave years ago, and you still have it in your blood. Keep it up! I have no doubt that you are a future Ride Captain!

R W B, Just my own opinion, because if you have Purple Heart medal awarded to you, this will help towards getting a cush job that normally you won't have a shot at. I.E., political job.
wilks3
:USA

R W B, Just my own opinion, because if you have Purple Heart medal awarded to you, this will help towards getting a cush job that normally you won't have a shot at. I.E., political job. wilks3
:USA

OMG, that is even more disturbing. Well I hope it was only hear say, because I think it is just plain wrong. I almost lost my finger in Nam in a winch cable accident, but I am not worthy of a purple heart. Although for about 2 weeks I did have a purple finger.

I read this a bit earlier but was to stunned to comment. I pray that this is not true Dave. I can't imagine that the armed forces would belittle the true meaning of what it takes to be awarded this honor! I better go lay down and take a wee bit of a nap because I think I am having a bad dream.

"I must be loosing my mind because I saw on the news tonight that they were lowering the criteria for the Purple Heart to passing out and other superficial injuries. While not to discount life in a combat zone (which I can tell you first hand is no picnic) I cannot believe they are going to do this ridiculous insult to our military."

This cannot and should not be done. It is an insult to those that received them!

Just saying as a member of the 2nd/39th and 6/31st Infantry South Vietnam 69-71.

Well there is some good news on this! I originally saw it on network news and as with many things they just don't get specifics correct.

I searched this out on Google and it appears that it is more directed at combat soldiers who received concusions from incoming rounds. While this is a gray area since no (external) blood was lost, I don't (personally) have a problem with this since incoming rounds can damage a soldier's hearing for life.

Anyhow it is not as bad as the sloppy news report made it out to be. Maybe they should create a special award for these types of things but none the less I personally am not insulted by this specific war infliction and would grant any soldier with a severe concusion damage my respect.

KY PGR Just joined about a month ago, haven't been on a mission yet.

Back