free website stats program Patience Has A Limit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Patience Has A Limit

When someone threatens your life, it doesn't matter whether it's with a knife, a gun, a baseball bat, a lead pipe, a car, or a motorcycle, I take that threat very seriously. Obviously I value my life more than a suicidal metric rider and I refuse to die because of his stupidity. Funny how if I defended myself against a madman weilding the weapons mentioned above, it would be defined as justifiable self-defense. Do I have to die and be the one wronged in the eyes of the law before my loved ones (which I will no longer be with) are hopefully able to successfully sue the metric rider for my death and their loss? Will he be charged with manslaughter, or will it be merely viewed as an unfortunate accident? (These days he'd probably get probation and his motorcycle license back instead of jail time).

Non-riders always say that motorcycles are dangerous. So are carving knives if you don't respect them and utilize them carefully. If you don't respect the motorcycle you ride and utilize it carefully, then you have no business on one....... period!

Putting innocent people at risk in any scenario is unacceptable.

But hey, that's just MY opinion.

US Citizens attitude.....very cool!
Never drive or ride in France, some bikers are crazy.
They ride at 55-65 between the car when the traffic is jaming in Paris, sometimes you ride at 65 miles on the highway and they pass you on your left or on your right at 100-120 mph.
I love drive or ride in US, the people are so quiet.
They stop at the light; they wait at the Stop....
For sure, if you come in france you'll be crazy if you'll see the bikers.
It's really over yours limits :(

As a Paramedic, I have noticed , in my 15 years on the streets that there is a much larger number of crotch rocket wrecks than other bikes. which when you look at who's ridding them is not surprising, young males who think they are invincible, on a bike capable of very high speeds and maneuverability that is very disproportionate to their skill level.
add a young girl or buddies that they are trying to impress = disaster!
Now I'm not saying that I've never ridden stupid, I have but I was one of the lucky ones to live long enough to slow down and enjoy the cruise.

I've had a Guy on a Harley do this to me a while back, I was out Riding with My Dad one day and see this Guy coming up on Him and Passed Him in his lane and then comes up on me and does the same thing, the guy would not go around, it does not matter what you ride because the Idiots are everywhere!

There are NO excuses for putting lives in danger but from reading this thread, it seems that the riding style and what is acceptable behaviour is fairly different in the US than it is in Europe.
Maybe it's partly due to the roads we ride on, narrower and twisty, save for Motorways, and I think, IMHO this is why large cruisers aren't as popular over here as smaller more maneuverable bikes.

iv got abunch of young guys that worked at my machine shop they are all but a couple of them gone from stupid riding on there crotch rockets ......it really not worth it ..its a shame

I know a girl who used to ride very very stupid on her crotch rocket. One day she had to pay the piper and it cost her her short term memory, multiple fractures of the skull minor brain damage and lots of stitches. Thankfully she told me that she has learned her lesson. She is a lot better rider.

Back