free website stats program Passenger Foot Heat | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Foot Heat

TRichardson

Terry here from Nixa, MO - Can anybody tell me the best way to get the heat off of my wife's right foot from the pipes short of spending $800 - $1000 bucks for true duals? How about removing the heat shield , put some wrap on, and reinstall the heat shield? Will that work? HELP please, before my wife scratches the paint on top of my saddlebag by putting her foot up there when it gets hot!!!!

Terry here from Nixa, MO - Can anybody tell me the best way to get the heat off of my wife's right foot from the pipes short of spending $800 - $1000 bucks for true duals? How about removing the heat shield , put some wrap on, and reinstall the heat shield? Will that work? HELP please, before my wife scratches the paint on top of my saddlebag by putting her foot up there when it gets hot!!!!

Hey Terry - Just up I-44 from you! What exhuast / muffs. do you have on the Ultra? I have the V&H tapered slash-cut on mine and so far no complaints from the Mrs. :D

Harley and some after market (J.P. Cycles) sell heat deflectors that may help. They mount under the frame, below the seat.

I have the stock exhaust on - the heat from the pipe right by the floor board eats her up - can't get her to wear boots - looking for a quick fix so I don't have to hear it the whole time we are riding - I am in Brazil right now on an oil rig but plan on taking the lower fairings off when I get home as it will be quite warm by then - -

maybe a dumb question here - but - do you have the floorboards adjusted all the way up?

besides the true dual kit i went to the easiest way and cheapest is gonna be make her wear boots she wont feel the heat ..

Would adding the floorboard spacers from like HarleyGoodies help any? It may move her floorboards out an inch or so and then add that with other suggestions (remove lowers, heat deflectors, etc..).

I have some passenger floorboard kit from Baron Customs that move her feet out, but it seems they work ok when the weather is cool but the last time we rode it got pretty warm and she started saying the heat was back. I will try taking the lower fairings off to see if that helps, but I would really like to know if anybody has used the pipe wrap. Or if something is wrong with the rear cylinder and it is getting too hot for some reason.

Back