free website stats program Partial Stage One? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Partial Stage One?

Thanks guys! All I'm looking for is to make my engine run a little cooler. I'm fine with it's performance, I just don't want to "hurt" it by running it too lean, so, are you really saying I don't "need" to do anything to it?

This is the million dollar question. We all agree the bikes come from the factory lean and there's no doubt you'll get better performance and less heat by doing a Stage One.

Split opinions on whether you're actually damaging your bike by leaving it stock. I like to think not since I'm like you - satisfied with the performance and the heat hasn't bothered me so far so I'm leaving it stock for now.

For EFI - TFI by Teclusion best value for fueling, $250 or less with HDT discount, then at same time, modify A/C just cut 1" off the bottom of football cover and use existing HD filter, until worn and then change out to K&N $60-$80 and done, and eventually save up money for slip ons or full exhaust $300-$600.

For carbed bike, doing a partial Stage I even easier, best benefit...is fueling. Reason?...because if I wanted more air intake, I would cut the cover back 1" as before, AND fueling...because $35 carb rebuild kit, $15 for jets 30c for 2 washers and your done. Again, save up money for expensive exhaust or slip-ons.

Key here is fueling when done right is lower in cost for greatest effect, and air cleaner mod is essentially free, until you change element to K&N at $60-$80. The exhaust system mods are usually the most expensive and time consuming to find the one you like and putting it on.

Back