free website stats program PARADE MODE | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

PARADE MODE

I have re read this thread. And while responding I am convinced after many corrections. I need to have a larger key board or use the computor.
Parade mode should also turn off the injector or the convertor would load up with fuel causing it to overheat
and in time melt down.
Here are a couple things to look at.
When your bike is in the misfire mode, while running use an injector noid light, disconnect the injector plug the light in to see if it blinks. You can make your own by soldering wire to a light bulb than twist the ends and totch the connector leads for the injector.
If you have a blinking light, shut down the engine and Ohm test the injector, compare the reading with the front injector.
If the injectors read simular, reconnntect them start the engine and as the rear cylinder has its misfire use a small pair of needle nose pliars to gently wiggle, push than pull on each wire to the throttle position sesnor and IAC motor.
Sometimes when disconnecting a harness connnector a wire can get pulled past the lock tab, so when you disconnect these look close at the pins in the sesnors to see if 1 is bent and into the harness connector to see if 1 wire end is further into the connector

My understanding of Parade Mode is it cuts the fuel supply to that cylinder. I've never had that feature so I could be wrong.

Parade mode as I know it shuts the spark down. When the engine temperature reaches whatever temperature the mode is set for. It’s a completely different misfire then I am experiencing. The rear cylinder is making spark, it’s not getting fuel. This is why the rear spark plug is hotter than the front one temperature wise. I checked the temperature with my laser thermometer. The head pipe at the heads. The front is like 300° because it’s firing with fuel and make the power stroke. The rear cylinder is like157° because there’s no fuel for the power stroke, but yet the rear cylinder head at the spark plug is hotter then the front head because there’s no fuel to cool down the spark plug. As soon as I raise the engine RPM’s the rear head starts to cool down imeditly @2,000 RPM’s. I say it has to do with the throttle body.

Might also be a good idea to test engine temp sensor to see if it is out of range.

Gentlemen, I’m up on rolling the throttle forward to turn the parade on and off. The parade mode kills the spark, in this case it’s killing the gas supply.

Your 180 degrees off on your thinking, it's just the opposite of what you stated.

OK, I do know for a fact a lean mixture runs the engine hotter, and in some cases the engine performs very well but too hot. No longevity life. A rich mixture is cooler, but the rich mixture needs to be fine tuned to perform.

This is what I explained with my temperature readings. I actually personally experienced the parade mode. It is totally different then what I’m experiencing now. The engine is not even warmed up to the point where the parade mod is necessary to engage. I rolled the throttle forward to turn the parade mod off. It does not matter! It does what it wants. What is your prognosis. Forget about rich and lean, spark, and fuel. The engine is not hot enough to warrant the parade mode. Where is the sensor that controls the parade mode.

Thanking you in advance,

Anthony C

I’m perplexed on why your not getting a code. As suggested you may want to do as Joel posted, I’d really take a close look at the injector and the wires that power it. JMHO.

The engine temp. sensor is on the left side of the front cylinder. Just above and to the left of the horn. It usually has a rubber boot covering it & it's connector. I don't know the test for good or bad.
tourbox

I’m perplexed on why your not getting a code. As suggested you may want to do as Joel posted, I’d really take a close look at the injector and the wires that power it. JMHO.

This thing runs beautifully, it’s just at an idle. Last night I was at my son home in Chesapeake, VA. I turned the ignition on and all the lights were flashing (headlights and signals). The last 4 numbers were 933 I don’t remember the first 2 Number’s. I couldn’t clear it! I played with the connection at the throttle body, and all was well? Go figure? Yesterday when I had the filter off, I noticed a sensor just behind the butterfly. I cleaned the throat of the throttle body and sensor with brake cleaner. Gently blew it out with shop air. I had the butterfly propped open with a plastic dash tool so there would no metal to metal contact. Let it air dry as well for a while also. Took it for a 40 mile ride to and from my grandsons Regatta. It ran great! Other then the idle as I said it runs beautiful.

Check this out! Does anyone know about this procedure? That number I read, I thought was a code. It’s a part number. According to this HD forum this is what should be done. I don’t have a cruise issue.

Attachments

• BAA25D95-18AB-40E0-9FC8-FA45A239DC52.png
    BAA25D95-18AB-40E0-9FC8-FA45A239DC52.png
    988.7 KB · Views: 4
  • D213E1A9-F742-42F9-92C6-A464064B7771.png
    D213E1A9-F742-42F9-92C6-A464064B7771.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 13E367FC-5819-43D9-B37E-ED8135A56BA3.png
    13E367FC-5819-43D9-B37E-ED8135A56BA3.png
    714 KB · Views: 3
  • D77B325F-1184-4AE3-AE58-F14313FE9325.png
    D77B325F-1184-4AE3-AE58-F14313FE9325.png