free website stats program Paint problem with CVO Breakout | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint problem with CVO Breakout

Roulph

upload_2019-9-12_12-12-44.jpeg

This is 2013 CVO breakout till today this problem has kept reoccurring the dealer has replaced the tank with a new tank 4 times eventually I got them to spray the tank black and gave up on the custom paintwork that is part of the CVO appeal Since the dealer sprayed the tank black the problem has come back 3 more times. This week it is back at the dealer with the same problem has anyone else had this problem if so how did you resolve it. I have 3 other Harleys and have never had a paintwork problem before - Richard Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

upload_2019-9-12_12-12-44.jpeg

Does the bike spend a lot of time outside and near the ocean? Did all the tanks show the same rust area? That is terrible.

Could there be something under that chrome tank strip reacting with the atmosphere? That strip is the common denominator with the tank corrosion.

Keep us posted on what you find.

I also remember reading about a similar problem and did search the CVO forum but came up with nothing.
I also think the apron has something to do with the problem being the rest of your tanks paint looks good from the picture. Unless you have another area with the similar condition.
What is the humidity in your area and are you close the salt water?
Could be condensation under the apron causing the condition.
I would be removing the apron the day after a rain when the tank has heated up to see if it has condensation buildup.

Back