free website stats program Paint finish | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint finish

This stuff works great!!!

3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish

3m-06068-machine-polish.gif

What is the best product that I can use to bring back the finish on this vivid black 09 road king I bought 2 weeks ago? It has a lot of swirl mark scratches and some dole looking area's. I tried compound turtle wax and it didn't work well.

I reccommend three things to remove the dullness and swirl marks 1) Brasso, 2) micro fiber cloth and 3) elbow grease.

You will be amased at the results.

I reccommend three things to remove the dullness and swirl marks 1) Brasso, 2) micro fiber cloth and 3) elbow grease.

You will be amased at the results.

Brasso on paint? I've used it on brightwork but never painted surfaces. You sure it doesn't damage paint?

Brasso on paint? I've used it on brightwork but never painted surfaces. You sure it doesn't damage paint?

I am sure it doesn't damage the paint. I received the "brasso" tip from a close friend who was a bodyman/painter. Try it, you will be impressed.

Brasso is a fine cutting compound and will take a very thin layer of the paint off and as the swirls are scratches in the paint it takes the level of paint down to the level of the scratches and they are then gone
If you use a fine cutting compound too often then you will wear away all the paint but it is good for a refurbishment of paint work

Brian

Back