free website stats program P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

P0505 Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI

We unplugged the speedometer not the fuel pack, should we try that? Would it run ok without the fuel pack plugged in?

I wouldn't take it out for a ride or anything, but it should start up and run alright.

Could be a bad connection in the wiring harness from being apart or a faulty part. I would bring it to their attention and let them know it has been doing it since they worked on the bike.

I will mention the harness, and I will bring it to my husbands attention since he is the one who did it, not Harley (lol)!

I will mention the harness, and I will bring it to my husbands attention since he is the one who did it, not Harley (lol)!

So are you on here secretly trying to help your hubby so he won't be so grumpy :D

I think the wifey is going to go tell hubby where the problem is and get the pat on the back. Little does he know wifey is on the computer finding out.:lolrolling

Well we will check out what was suggested and thank you to all who replied. Will let you know what we find out. If you can think of any other things please let me know.

Also if we by-pass the fuel pack and the code doesn't come on would it be the fule pack?

If the idle resumes it's normal speed again, it could be the FP or a connection that was disturbed.

Well we will check out what was suggested and thank you to all who replied. Will let you know what we find out. If you can think of any other things please let me know.

Also if we by-pass the fuel pack and the code doesn't come on would it be the fule pack?

I would think so, but I don't know much about the Fuel Pack, I think there's a few people on here that do though.
Good luck.

Back