free website stats program OTHER THAN Heritage Style Bars on a RoadKing... | Harley Davidson Forums

OTHER THAN Heritage Style Bars on a RoadKing...

I do not really like the total feel of the heritage style bars the dealer is suggesting for my 2006 RK Classic. I like the height of them but not really the wrist angle - I would prefer a little sharper bend in the bars by the handle. Is there another bar out there that I could go with where I dont have to drop a ton of money on cable switching and wiring?

Please help me...I know the topic of heritage bars has been tossed around a bunch but I would like to find another option.

thanks in advance!!!

-Mark

Call Wild One. They make the Chubby bars. Very helpful, knowledgeable folks. They will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Bodeen

The only way to know what you're gonna like is to find a bike that has different bars and sit on the bike. Nobody can tell you what's gonna be comfortable for you, except you. I also have an '06 RKC and I just changed my bars. A local shop had a used RK for sale w/ aftermarket bars. I sat on it and I loved the way they felt. I had the parts guy come out and take all the measurments for the bars and I ordered a set.

I don't know all the specific measurements off hand, but the FXDWG (Dyna Wide Glide) mini apes might be to your liking. You can compare bar details in a harley accessory catalog, online if you don't have one.

I went w/ 14" apes, so yes, it did require new cables and extending the wires. I honestly dont remember all the other measurements. I'm 6' tall and these bars are right at shoulder height when I'm sitting "normal" on the bike and just below my shoulders if I'm "sitting up" (if that makes sense). I did spend quite a bit more than I had originally anticipated, but I figured if I was gonna do it, I was only gonna do it once. I went w/ stainless cables and also went with all the chrome controls for the bars. I do love the way it came out.

I also have a 06 RK. had the heritage bars on and same deal bad wrist angle. changed them out with HD road king pull back touring bars , more open on the wrist a little lower but more pull back. best I, and some of my friends have found thus far. stock cables worked fine have to flit 1 cable clamp on neck upside down and a little bend on the brake tube and your good to go. my local HD dealers shop man has a rk took it for a ride after a service asked me what bars were on it ,and next time I was at the shop he put them on his scoot and said they worked great, he was suprized that they were on the shelf hd bars. I am 6"0" 205 with mustang vintage solo seat put me in the right spot with the bars, shoulder and neck pain also stopped. good luck hope this helped . hop

THOM1....got any pictures? If so, email them to me at:

Please use the forum PM system for contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back