free website stats program Ordered my first new parts | Harley Davidson Forums

Ordered my first new parts

Jcannon

Well I got new tires on the bike. Gotta pick her up today (its raining) but ill take her to my car lot. its not far away from the garage... if not then i wont get her till Tuesday and its suppose to be nice tomorrow. I ordered smoked lenses for the front and rear signals. The smoked lay down rear taillight and all new pegs and grips. chrome with diamond grips

Repeat after me: My name is Sharky and I'm a Harley owner. I am powerless over the influence of chrome...

When I walk into my local dealer, the parts department breaks out into big grins. Each time I swear it's the last piece of chrome. Well, except for the...

Post some pics! Would love to see it.

As they say, the purchase of the bike is merely the down payment on the accessories. I've spent almost $3200 on chrome and other items for my bike since last August. Your journey to the land of customization has started..enjoy the ride!

Steve Scott

As they say, the purchase of the bike is merely the down payment on the accessories. I've spent almost $3200 on chrome and other items for my bike since last August. Your journey to the land of customization has started..enjoy the ride!

Steve Scott

I would be soooooooooo happy if that were the price tag so far (since October.)

Steve Scott

I just edged over the 7K mark by a few $$$ but I think I'm done now.:yes

I was fortunate-my bike came from the dealer with SEII slip-ons, the SE air clearner and the stage one re-jet completed before I bought the bike (it was one year old with 2100 miles on it). It also had matched custom grips and pegs (chrome/rubber flames).

My sportster started life as belonging to a mechanic at the HD dealership who upgraded to a springer, so I knew the bike was well taken care of. My purchases have been along the line of the removable back rest, windshield, oil tank temp gauge/dipstick, custom derby and other covers and a sundownder seat. So, total investment on the bike is above the $3200 mark......with part of the investment by the previous owner!

Well the only things i dont have chrom on the bike are the belt pully for the rear tire and the belt guards.. they are black. So maybe next month ill order them. One fo the mirrors is craced when i bought it. and it already has Pyhton exhaust, SE intake and jetted carb. so hopefully the grip set and the lenses will hold me over till my bank recovers a little.

Back