free website stats program Orange Pearl on Chrome Yellow | Harley Davidson Forums

Orange Pearl on Chrome Yellow

Lorgair

When I first saw the Chrome Yellow RG I really like it, but wished it had been metallic or something to offset those vast expanses of flat yellow.

I've thought about old school flames, ghost flames, even a checkered flag which ain't gonna happen or it'd look like a taxi.

Then I took this pic this weekend. Notice the fading orange in the side cover, just a trick of the light.
a6890f55-da2d-3510.jpg

So I'm thinking someday maybe an orange pearl fading to chrome yellow would be sharp. Something like this.
a6890f55-da41-6a4b.jpg

Any thoughts on graphics or effects on a chrome yellow base would be appreciated.

I think that quirky side panel is calling to ya! :) There is a custom car builder/painter named Gene Winfield that perfected fade-away paint jobs (Google him!) I can see this bike done in a blend of the tones of the colors from your picture. Picturing a darker shade along the center of the tank and fenders, fading to ALMOST the chrome yellow (along the logo area of the tank, for example) and then back to a very deep tone at the bottom..... Oh yeah, ya won't lose that bad boy in the parking lot!
By the way, Gene is still spraying and is a true legend AND a gentleman!

I think the change in color on the side panel is being caused by the shadow of the pole. I think the yellow looks great as is, but I'm not against custom paint either. :D

Back