free website stats program Opinions please | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please

Greggle

Well its winter in N.Y. and time to do some upgrades to my 2003 heritage. Putting the bike up on a lift to put origonal springs back in the front forks because it was lowered when I got the bike. Figured it was a good time to do the stage 1. I'm wrestling with myself as to which pipes to put on. I'm between the V & H big shot longs or the true duals (BUB 7 or V & H). I'm leaning towards the Big Shots. I'm not crazy about the way the left side pipe looks where it comes out from behind the engine and hear it gets real hot. They both have pros and cons. I have harley slip ons but its so quiet I've heard jap bikes that are louder. I'm looking for loud but not so much that I have to wear ear plugs on long rides. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I know I have to make the decision but it's nice to hear what other people think. Wondering what you all think regarding which pipes look best on a heritage and sounds best. Thanks and Happy New Year to all. I love this forum.

Greggle, just to underscore, save the OEM Harley pipes for EPA & local ordinance requirements and as Iceman states for value retention...cause you never know what the new year will bring...! I like Smitty' analogy about finding correct exhaust system is like having friends find you a date...:laugh

So many decisions when it comes to exhaust check out the sound bites, different might be better

No opinion on the pipes, but while you are doing all that, and have the old ones off, I HIGHLY recommend that you open up the nose cone and inspect the cam chain tensioner shoes if you still have the old spring-loaded ones on there.

TQ

Back