free website stats program Opinions of diffs from '08 Deluxe to '09 Roadking? | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions of diffs from '08 Deluxe to '09 Roadking?

hector99

My first Harley is an '08 Deluxe b/c of the classic look. Besides a bunch of chrome and color matched hardbags I added the sundowner seat to flat foot.

From the Roadking I really wanted the true dual exhaust and ABS, but I found it too tall. My other bike is also tall (BMW R1200RT) which I'm keeping.

Does anyone know if the reach seat for the '09 Roadking would lower me anywhere close to the Deluxe?

Herman

Attachments

• Hdeluxe.jpg
    Hdeluxe.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 113
The 09 Touring bike will probable be a nice upgrade from your 08 Softail if you are looking from a comfort perspective. Lots of money for a new bike though. It will be cheaper to add exhaust to yours instead of buying a new bike and lowering it with suspension/seat, etc....
There are lots of improvements to the touring line for 09!

I am personally a fan of the roadking over the deluxe. You can get a different seat and the rear suspension can easily be changed out for shorter air shocks. The only special tool needed is the pump to air up the shocks once you put them on. I don’t remember what the pump costs but if you really wanted a roadking you will be happier with one. You could even go so far as to put a lowering kit in the forks. This is not difficult if you are experienced with working on bikes, however if you are not then it can get a little pricy.

The Roadking is more comfortable and performs better on the highway, and I feel like it handles better.

Test rode and went for the Road King. It seems to handle better, even though it is a lot heavier than the Deluxe when walking the bike. One key feature is the ABS which I wanted (but hopefully never use).

I checked into the true duals on the Deluxe, but did not like that sharp turn of the exhaust on the rear cylinder. The RKC seems to run cooler than the Deluxe. Also, the RKC with the reach seat and the low shocks I can just about flatfoot.

Now moving over to the touring forum...Thanks for the feedback.

Herman

Back