free website stats program Open Garage Door With Cell Phone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Open Garage Door With Cell Phone

While having a garage door opener/cell phone IS kinda cool, I use a "third opener" ($35) in my inside breast pocket of my leather jacket. The standard one has a large button so all I have to do is press on the jacket pocket area and it works, even with gloved hand. I also have it clipped to my emergency address book, along with my medical info and motorcycle/insurance info. Been doing it this way for almost 15 years. If the technology works MAY change...keep us posted if you opt for the cell phone option.

Recurring charges...? Are you kidding me...no way would I go for that. I don't even bother with cable or dish. Broadcast digital TV for me...modern TV's have digital tuning (even though converter costs $50) add antenna may another $50 plus $20 for cable(s) and splitter/coupler and your done). You recoup your cost in 1-2 months and then ALL FREE! Been with broadcast TV ever since it wemt digital, and high def TV is just "gravy". I want to spend my time riding and enjoying life then feeding TV "drug habit" on a monthly basis of $150 bucks or more. My daughter recently went to this too...and she is raising a family in the expensive Silicon Valley here in CA and could easily afford the expensive toys...I get 65 channels last time I checked. Sorry for hi-jacking this thread JMHO:s

You may now return to your programming at the regular scheduled time...:D

I guess if your into gadgets, It's a good idea, Me i just leave my remote Velcro in side my windshield bag, So when i want to open or close the door i just press on the bag and open, Sesame.

Always liked this idea the best. Still don't have a windshield bag though.

I guess if your into gadgets, It's a good idea, Me i just leave my remote Velcro in side my windshield bag, So when i want to open or close the door i just press on the bag and open, Sesame.

I had the HD door opener..opened with the flick of hi beam...it failed last year so I'm just taking my regular door opener with me..in the windshield pouch....hmmmm why didn't I think of just pushing on the pouch instead of actually removing the controller to open the door....I'm feeling a tad dumb
Great tip..thanks.

Back