free website stats program one for Glider or Hobbit | Harley Davidson Forums

one for Glider or Hobbit

gunnut

Guys,I'm getting amsoil for my true love,theres 3 different 75-90 gear oils,and a couple different engine oils,which one do I/should I go to for my'96 dyna wide glide?And,which dino oil should I throw in the primary please??

I would run the formula + from the dealer in the primary, as far as the amsoil, they have change their recommendations recently from sever gear to 20/50 motor oil so I wouldn't even speculate on which goes where with amsoil, nor would I use a motor oil in the trans.

A gear oil is better in the trans despite what they say that you can run engine oil. That steers me away from their product. While it's true that the 75/90 is equivalent to a 20/50 engine oil in viscosity, the molecular structure is different between them, so one size doesn't fit all here like they say.

Really appreciate your advice Glider,in the absence of mobil v twin,what would you recommend I put where,I have less of an idea about oil than I do about bikes,I'm sorry to say,but I'm changing all that.Thankyou.

Really appreciate your advice Glider,in the absence of mobil v twin,what would you recommend I put where,I have less of an idea about oil than I do about bikes,I'm sorry to say,but I'm changing all that.Thankyou.

Redline carries a good oil line if it's available there where you are maybe in speed shops.Otherwise it can be ordered online.

Back