free website stats program oldest sportster here | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oldest sportster here

thanks, I bought it as it sits. the last owner got it from a guy who owned it since '63. They were using it as a dirt bike through the alleys of Detroit. the guy I got it from had about 20 grand into the bike, its truly flawless, I think it may be the best surviving example of a 58 XL. Anyways, he fell on some pretty hard luck and had to sell it quickly, I bought it. the bike spent most of its post restoration in a living room. I have been riding it on perfect days. It runs and rides like a new bike, I love it.

thanks, I bought it as it sits. the last owner got it from a guy who owned it since '63. They were using it as a dirt bike through the alleys of Detroit. the guy I got it from had about 20 grand into the bike, its truly flawless, I think it may be the best surviving example of a 58 XL. Anyways, he fell on some pretty hard luck and had to sell it quickly, I bought it. the bike spent most of its post restoration in a living room. I have been riding it on perfect days. It runs and rides like a new bike, I love it.

Ohh I did not read that! Your bike is sooo great! Keep them in good shape! :bigsmiley12:

HAD - a 1959 Sportster -- I bought it in 1968 for $300 as a ride to college. Then a few years later, sold it to buy a car. Oh yeah - I wish I had it today -but I don't. :nosad

Bill

Very nice looking old iron, I have a soft spot for Sporsters
Thanks for posting the pictures

Back