free website stats program Old Cars We Wish We Still Had | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Old Cars We Wish We Still Had

Oldhippie,

Remember the Plymouth Duster? I had a 1979 Z28 with the 350 4-speed (borg warner) transmission..nice car but my 74 Z28...would have blown it away.The 79 had 145 hp and the 74 had 275....after 1974 the hp in all cars(stock) went south.
Oops.....The 79 Z28 had 170 hp. My 1977 camaro with the 305 motor had 145 hp....that car was a dog. lol

Oldhippie,

Remember the Plymouth Duster? I had a 1979 Z28 with the 350 4-speed (borg warner) transmission..nice car but my 74 Z28...would have blown it away.The 79 had 145 hp and the 74 had 275....after 1974 the hp in all cars(stock) went south.
Yes, there were quite a few around my old hometown of Beausejour. Plenty with jacked up rear ends and fat tires. Looked good and went like stink but also a few that rolled too easily because of the fore mentioned mods. My '78 had something like 165 hp thanks to emissions. I've had newer 4 cyl cars with more hp.

I Forgot about the 1969 Amx ...2 seat ...it had a 304 v8-4 speed...the shift pattern was weird,1st gear was down and left and 2nd was straight up.. 3rd was down right and 4th was straight up....Lol

I Forgot about the 1969 Amx ...2 seat ...it had a 304 v8-4 speed...the shift pattern was weird,1st gear was down and left and 2nd was straight up.. 3rd was down right and 4th was straight up....Lol

Ha! A friend of mine had one of those. :) He later went on to become a gadzillionaire and got a Lamborghini Contach. Rumor has it that he has 2, so he sold one.

https://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/09/lamborghini-countach-periscopica-bonhams-record-auction/

No joke...I know the guy that sold this car. :D

Sadly, I only had an AMC Pacer...can't be confused with an AMX. :p

My pleasure. One night while talking about old cars we wish we had, our friend was telling us about having the AMX while in college. He said he would love to have that car again. :O LOL, I was sitting there thinking that if there was one person that could find his old car and buy it back if it was still in existence, he could do it. :p

First car I ever owned. 1966 G T O convertible. Midnight blue with black interior. 389 c i

Actually there’s several I would love to have back. But the Goat was my first car. I started working in a gas station after school and Saturdays at 15 with a “workers permit” and saved the money to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back