free website stats program oil - synthetic or not | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil - synthetic or not

Thx, Hobbit. I will engage my brain into overdrive, deduce the situation, calculate the positions of the plugs, reason the logical flow and return, analyze the physical lay-out, hypothesize the construction mechanics, theorize the parameters, and execute a reasonable venture forward. (In other words, I'll take a guess and try a hit-and-miss. What the heck: 33% chance I'll get it right the first time, eh?)

Thanks, Hobbit. Incidentally, anyone know? Is the oil drain plug on a 2006 Deluxe FLSTNI the Allen head bolt underneath on the right side of the engine case? Is the engine and the case oil the same or are they in separate areas? Sorry, first Evo.

The drain is directly below the right rear corner of the oil tank. NOT the one under the engine.

Last edited:
I didn't see that drain plug on mine so I removed the oil supply tube where it goes into the crank case and drained it from there. Musta worked 'cause it took all three quarts. But thanks anyhow, Glider.

I had SYN 3 put in the engine and transmision @ MY 1000K. service I did not know it was a blend, I feel ripped off now!! Thanks for the Info.

100% true sny engine oil and sny gear lube in tranmission
Is the best thing you can do for your bike
96 fatboy began life on a poor diet of standard oil now happly running along at 46,000 miles with sny oil in engine, redline shock proof heavy in tranmission and F= in primary
jack1.jpg

What is redline shock proof heavy. And F= in primary?

I changed over at my first service and since I havnt had to add a drop between oil changes plus with the drop in temp I woudnt use anything else

I changed my fluids on Saturday, put Mobil 1 V-Twin 20/50 synthetic in the oil tank and primary and Mobil 1 75/90 synthetic in the gear box. I felt like the shifting was much smoother. Good oil and I also use Mobil 1 in my cars and riding lawnmower.

Lucas oil makes a great synthetic 20W50, I have used for several years on different bikes. AMSOIL is probably the best synthetic for all applications.:)

Back