free website stats program Oil Pressure/valve Train Noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Pressure/valve Train Noise

spring restsw directly on the spring in stock form I use3d the Latus Motors spring and used a pop rivet washer that is about 1 SIXTEENTH inch thick to add a few extra lbs to the oil pressure. If shimming to add pressure just make sure the shim has a hole in the middle. tom reedthattelus.net

Tanks for the tip, Ijust put it in last knight and it was Pretty simple. I dont have a oil pressure gage but it definetly lowered the valve train noise to a more tollerable level.

I'm new to forum. have been reading all postinds for valve train noise as I am also having trouble and thought I would throw in my two cents worth about mine.With stock plate and chains and andrews 37b cams(.510 lift)and jims powerglideII lifters-no noise. Switched to gear drive andrews54cams(.555lift238 duration),roller rockers,Screamin eagle cam plate and oil pump(hi volume)-noisy valves! I readjusted P/R to 2.5 turns,switched lifters-still noisy. switched back to old cams,plate,pump-quite. I called dealer,they said they had problems with that plate/pump kit and sent me an updated version. It's better but still a little noisy. The noise is not from the gears but the valves.I have swapped cams several times and have had no problems before.I am careful and line pump up properly.I have checked and ruled out all clearence and lifter issues. I will try adjusting P/R to .140 but I really feel it is an oil pressure issue. The new plate/pump kit is supposed to have better pressure. I am considering a spring or shim or both if the P/R adj doesn't work.My cam is not huge but is short duration for lift.I wish I would have found this site sooner.I am not online very much.

Back